Chapter 22

We arrived at our destination late at night so that we could invoke the element of surprise. Landon met with Connor and me in the center of the woods where this exchange would take place.

" Her being here wasn't part of the plan Connor," Landon exclaimed, worried about my and the baby's safety.

" I know but she can do more than what we thought," Connor reassured Landon by glancing at me which gave me the word to do what I do best, protect my family.

I looked over at Landon and a transparent shield started to form around him. This transparent structure recognized the form it would take and adhered to Landon like a glove.

" What is this Nevada?" he asked while I giggled. Connor threw a pencil at him and the shield deflected the hurdling object.

" You did that?" Landon questioned.

" Pretty cool, right?" I respond with an enticing question.

" Alright lovebirds, let's get inside please and get you fed Nevada," Connor said, being the caring brother that he is.

After talking about the game plan one last time and what could go wrong, we all went to bed to prepare for the fight tomorrow. Connor wanted no hiccups in this plan.

We woke up the next day feeling good as hell. Today was the big day. Today is the day I finally get to kill the bitch who partially ruined my life. I walked out of the bedroom in my 'protective' gear with my game face on. We met in the living area and discussed the plan. Connor explained the whole thing and how it was going to happen.

" Landon, you are going to start by walking out to Samantha and talking to her. This will be the perfect time to distract her. I will show up a couple of minutes later behind you, she will never see me coming. She will try to run and that is when I will electrocute her, making her fall to the ground. Nevada, you will then show up and engulf her in the electrodes by enclosing her in a forcefield. Immediately after you do that, you have to run back here so that you aren't a part of the fight. Does everyone know their roles?"

Landon and I looked at each other and nodded our heads in agreement.

" Wait, if we don't survive this, I just want you guys to know that I love you guys so much. Thank you for being there when I needed you the most. Thank you for being my best friends," I said right before we walked out the door. We all embraced like it was going to be our last and walked out the door. Landon and I held hands until we got to the clearing.

Connor and I split from Landon while he started walking straight toward Samatha waiting for him in the middle of the clearing. I went left and Connor went right. I couldn't hear the conversation between Landon and Samantha but there was a bunch of touching and grabbing from what I could see from my hideout. I wanted to jump out and kill her right then and there but I held myself back. Connor then walked out into the clearing and I could tell Samantha was surprised to see him there. I was about ready to attack the bitch until I felt a hand go over my mouth and another over my chest. My forcefield immediately activated, trying to protect the baby and I, but it didn't go up fast enough. A tall man held onto me tightly and shoved me out into the clearing and towards Samantha. I struggled to get free as he pushed me closer to Samantha. As Landon started to run towards me two more men showed up and stopped the boys in their tracks. The man released his grip on me and shoved me towards Samantha. She grabbed my hair and shoved me to the ground. She wanted to make sure I didn't get up so she stepped on my back and put pressure on it.

" So this is the skank you traded me for. What a shame?" Samantha stated with a look of disgust on her face, " You could have done better, Landy."

" I did better. At least she isn't a psychopath going on a murder spree just to get her spark back for a guy. Just let her go, Samantha," Landon calmly said because he didn't know what her true intentions were.

Samantha lifted her foot off my back and switched to her holding my neck with one hand and the other restraining my arms.

" You know Landon, I am being a little harsh to my newborn. That's not how a creator should treat her newborn, but things change. People change. I turned her for a reason," Samatha started, " I turned her because she was pretty and I knew what her powers were, especially one in particular. How far along are you?"

We all paused and quickly glanced at each other thinking of an answer.

" I'm not pregnant. Are you crazy? Vampires can't get pregnant. It's impossible," I responded.

" Fine, then you are of no use to me." She shrugged and stuck a wooden stake into my back.

I fell back down to the ground because of the excruciating pain and started to shake and spaz as if I was having a seizure. Samantha stepped over my seizing body and started to walk over to the boys. I finally reached and pulled the stake out of my back and stood up. I felt a surge of power go through my body. Now filled with anger, I ran towards Samatha and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around only to gasp and get a stake driven through her heart.

" Never judge a book by its cover and NEVER EVER threaten my family," I said as I watched the life drain from her eyes.

Her guards quickly dropped Landon and Connor and scurried away. The ones who tried to fight back were killed without any hesitation. After the 'fight' was over, Landon and I ran toward each other with open arms. We met back up with Ivy and Vincent at the cabin later that night, exhausted. Ivy ran up to all three of us and gave us a nice warm hug.

" She's gone now, right?" Ivy asked concerned, hoping for reassurance.

" Yeah, she's gone. She is no longer a problem," I responded as Landon walked up behind me and gave me a squeeze.

" Be careful bro. You got precious cargo in there," Connor said jokingly.

" Right, I forgot. Sorry," Landon said in a flirtatious manner.

" Let's get on the road then brother. We have a long drive ahead. Ivy? Vince? Do you wanna come home with us?" Connor asked, hoping for a good response.

" I wouldn't pass up that opportunity for the world. Of course, we will come home. After all, I used to live there too," Ivy said jokingly while she gave Connor a nice punch to the shoulder.

We loaded everything into the car and drove back to our home. I mumbled to myself, " Yeah. Everything is perfect now."