Chapter 18

I woke up in a room with concrete walls surrounded by beautiful art and tapestry. I looked down at my outfit which was now red silk pajamas. The closet door was open so I went into it and saw the clothing separated between men and women. On the women's side, there were high heels, tight dresses and skirts, and leather everything. On the male side, there were baggy shirts, combat boots, and jeans. Someone walked in and said " Get dressed. Master Killian is ready to see you." I quickly picked out an outfit: a black leather skirt, a tight black corset, black fishnets, and a pair of 5 inch tall heels. I wasn't worried about my feet because at this point I don't feel pain. The guard stood outside my door and tried to grab my arm to drag me to Master Killian.

" You touch me and I take off your arm." The guard quickly withdrew his hand from my arm and while he walked, I was strutting down the hall.

I was ready to get this done and over with, once and for all. As we came closer to the doors of the leaders, they started to swing open as they were being pulled by the bitches of the council. The guard shoved me inside and I was then surrounded by two more men.

" So this is the infamous Nevada we have heard so much about. Let me introduce myself. I am Killian and I am one of the creators of our kind."

" One of them. Where are the others?" I asked in a snotty tone.

" They couldn't survive in this new world so I did what I had to do to keep our kind a secret.It was a devastating but necessary sacrifice."

I stood and looked at him. I was starting to become frustrated.

" Why am I here? What do you want with me?" I asked him.

" Miss Everest has informed me that you have abilities that have never been seen before. I would like to see them."

" Well, I don't know what Miss Everest told you but I only have one ability and two others I have yet to obtain."

" She has informed me that yes you have two unidentifiable abilities but you have somehow stumbled upon one that has never been seen before in my time and I have been around for a long time. As you know the one you have knowledge of is pathokinesis but you also have the ability to conceive a child."

Everyone standing around me had lunged for me and before they could grab me Killian froze them in place. I stood in shock.

" You had no idea, did you?"

Killian brushed his hand through my hair and pushed it behind my ear. He put my face in his hands and looked me dead in the eyes and then at his entourage.

" Get her set up in a nice room my friends. You will be well taken care of Ms.Meadows. Well taken care of."

I was then whisked away by his guards to a room with a chair. It looked like the same chair I was tortured in before. The room looked so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. One of my guards walked out of the room towards the end of the corridor. I thought to myself " Well taken care of. Well taken care of." I kept repeating the phrase over and over until it made sense.

" NO! PLEASE! NO! DON'T HURT ME I DID NOTHING WRONG! PLEASE!"

But all I heard was only the echoing of my voice down the hall of misery and despair hoping I would hear something back.

A few hours had passed and yet no one had come to rescue me until an unlikely friend appeared.

" You must be Nevada. I'm Vincent."