Chapter 3

2 years ago

                       2 years ago

Aarohi was sitting on the chair in her room. She missed being here. She shifted to Udaipur after she completed her graduation. But she is here today, in her parents house. Her birthday is in a month and she has decided to spend the month with her family. They're all going to a party today. Her mother's lawyer's anniversary party. Another reason for her to be excited. She has always liked his son. Kabir Raichand. Sure, he is more than a decade older than her but age is just a number. She is finally going to talk to him today. They've always only shared pleasantries but she has worked up the courage to take it further today.

The door to her room barges open and she rolls her eyes. There is only one uncultured asshole in this house. Her brother. "Ahhhh!" She covered her ears and glared at her brother. "Kyu chilla raha hai pagal?"

(Why the hell are you screaming idiot?)

"Ye aapke muh ko kya hua hai?"

(What happened to your face?)

"It's a hydration mask, you dumbass." Samar still looked a little horrified so he backed up because his sister is the spawn of Satan. "Umm, dad said we'll leave in an hour, it was a change of plan." His voice changed pitch and he ran out of the room as Aarohi screamed profanities at him. How the hell is she supposed to get ready in an hour? She has to wash her face, and hair and do her makeup.

Fuck my life.

Nevertheless, the family left in an hour to reach the venue. Aarohi wore a plain black floor length anarkali. Since she did not have time to pick another outfit. They reach the venue and move towards the main hall. They all wish the couple on their special day and Aarohi and Samar excuse themselves as they have no interest in listening to the elders talk. Aarohi spotted the man she wanted to talk to in a minute. She went closer and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around to look at her. His chocolate brown eyes clashing with her stormy Grey ones.

"Hello Mr. Raichand."

"Princess." He has always called her that. He knows that she is of royal birth and that's the respect she deserves.

"This is a very nice party." They both look around and he nods. "I had nothing to do with it but I'll be sure to forward your compliments to the organizers."

Awkward. The fuck should I say next?

Luckily, he saves her from it. "In all the years I've known you Princess, small talk hasn't been your Forte. So why don't we skip it and you tell me whatever it is you're here to say." The surprise on her face comes and leaves in a second. She has been taught how to school her features. "I know it is your parents anniversary and you must be very busy attending all the guests and stuff, so whenever you have time, I would like to talk to you. Not here, but maybe somewhere a little away? I won't take much of your time." Someone calls Kabir and Aarohi gives him a reassuring blink as she walks away. She will talk to him when he has the time.