Chapter 11

I smack my brother's head as he eats another one of my chips

I smack my brother's head as he eats another one of my chips. What the fuck is his problem? Can't he get his own? Always ruining my day. He scowls at me but one glare from our father and he is back at his seat looking infront of him.

My parents, Samar, my grandfather and my husband have all decided to plan a relaxing day around me. It started with my mother taking me to a spa, and now we are all having a picnic. The royal gardens of Udaipur are a strong competition to the garden of the presidential house. My brother has piled a few blankets on the grass and everyone is seated on them, as we enjoy the sun.

The October is coming to an end and the weather has started turning chilly. The palace is heat controlled but enjoying the sun in the outdoors is a different kind of warmth. We are all just sitting around and playing uno. Like a pretty normal family. No king or no prince and princess. We are just a family spending some time together.

My back is resting against my prince's chest. Him and I are the same team in the game. He didn't feel like playing so he is simply helping me in my game. He honestly likes no game other than chess. My brother is seated on my right and he eats a chip or two when he feels like it. Asshole. My mother is sitting across me, my grandfather on her left, next to my brother. And my father is on my left. It's a great day.

I felt the baby move today, for the first time. It's a milestone. My prince hasn't removed his hand from my stomach just so he gets to feel, whenever the baby moves again.

My grandfather wins the game. Again. It's exhausting to lose everytime. I don't feel like playing anymore. It's boring and pointless, since I am not winning. Huh. My baby moves again, probably agreeing with me and I turn back to my prince, excited. "Did you feel?"

He smiles down at me and nods approvingly. He then kisses my temple and holds me closer. I feel eyes on us and see my father glaring at my husband. Not again. I mean what does he expect? This guy seriously knocked me up. My mother shoves his shoulder a little and he grumbles under his breath.

We all sit and enjoy a little more until it's time to go inside. My husband and brother help me up and we walk towards the palace when a man comes running. He tells something to my grandfather who paled. The man then informs us all that the royal offices have had a fire outbreak and many people are stuck inside. Their families are panicking outside the office. Even though the fire brigade is trying to control the situation, the people outside are anxious.

As a leader and the royal family, it technically falls on us to support the masses. My brother asks me to not go into a huge crowd but they are my people. I can't be queen from inside the Palace. My parents look proud, and everyone else is running around so whatever. We settle in our cars and go to the destination.

Everytime I've been to the royal offices, I've been reminded how I am not enough. Every cabinet meeting is nothing but hell for me. This place has never been of my liking. But looking at it now, aflame and the beautiful beige architecture now nothing but Grey and black, I miss it. We step out of the car and reach the people. They look at my grandfather like he has answers to every question in the world. Luckily, the fire is put out completely after a few minutes and almost every person is rescued. No one has any major injuries but medical care will be provided to everyone of the rescued.