Chapter 12

Aarohi's cries of pain quited down

Aarohi's cries of pain quited down. The room fell silent around her. She was exhausted and her whole body hurt. Her mind was in shambles. She didn't hear her child cry. Which scared her to no end. Even as her eyelids felt heavier than a mountain, she kept them open and asked for her child. The doctors just looked at her with sympathy. Ofcourse they all knew who she was. She is the princess after all. The news of her going to have a child had made the whole kingdom happy.

Now it was nothing but dread holding their hearts. Clutching it in his vice grip, pity danced in their eyes. Oh, their poor princess. She just lost her first born. The possibility of her child surviving was already very little. It was too premature. A five month old baby isn't even developed properly. So was the case with the little girl their princess birthed. The doctors still wrapped the baby in a clean cloth and let the princess hold her daughter.

Her cries were now louder than before. It was her body that hurt before, now it's her heart. Her daughter was covered in blood. Her skin hadn't even developed completely. Her body felt so lifeless, the princess thought she wasn't holding a person but a doll. But what is a person without a soul?

"Princess, you should rest, and we need to clean the body-"

Aarohi's glare could cut past rock. "Body nahi hai ye, meri beti hai."

(It isn't a body, it's my daughter.)

Her voice cracked as tears flew from her eyes and she held her daughter close to her chest. Like a person would with a newborn baby. Her case was just different. Soon after, she got overwhelmed, the exhaustion of giving birth and then losing the child took a toll on her and she lost consciousness. The doctors took the child out of her arms.

The doctor walked outside to the distressed people who have been here for so many hours. Calls went out and the whole Rajvansh family flew to Udaipur. Kabir's parents were also here. It's family that stands together in times of distress. Kabir stood up from his chair and looked at the doctor who sighed. "We are very sorry Mr. Raichand. The princess is out of danger, but we couldn't save the baby. It wasn't ready for the world yet. We have started the process, we will give you the bod- ahem, your daughter very soon."

The dam broke at that. Samaira almost fell if it wasn't for her father holding her shoulders. Abhimanyu didn't know what to do. He looked at Kabir who still looked blank. No tear, no remorse, no pain on his face. If something would've happened to Aarohi, Abhimanyu would've burned something to the ground. And here was this man. As calm as he was before, no reaction on his face while everyone else cried for the loss of the child that was his.

What the hell? How is he so unbothered?

The doctor left them to grieve. And after listening to everyone cry around him for some time, Kabir left as well. He couldn't hear them cry anymore, his head was starting to hurt. He stopped short as he was face to face with his brother in law. Samar has heard everything. How his sister just lost her child. She must be devastated. He has to meet her, mourn alongside her.

His heart grieves for his sister. And he mourns the loss of his niece but he has another matter to discuss before he gets to the other parts. He'll get to her sister in a while. He needs to inform of the shit happening around here to the prince first.

"Mahendra Shrivastava planned her accident on the requestof Nirmal Singh.
That bastard wants the competition over. Nirmal Singh hasn't done anything himself, all the man work was done by Mahendra Shrivastava. He lit the royal offices on fire to pull di out of the palace since he couldn't do shit in there with the security and everything. Then he kidnapped two girls, the daughters of the driver that drove di, blackmailed him to do as he says or he would kill both of his daughters and then the truck that hit her was also registered under his company name, which he was very quick to get rid of. The bastard tried to erase every drop of evidence against him and he did. But just before that I gathered it all." Samar forwarded his phone, which had all the evidence, to Kabir, who took it and read everything properly. It was finally some hard evidence to put him away. All this has been going on for too long.

"Unfortunately jiju, this is the only copy. The only bit of evidence we have against him so we just need to keep this out of his hands  or he will walk out of this again." Kabir returned Samar's phone back to him, he read everything, his black expression contrasting with the shocked one on Samar's face.

He couldn't believe what his jiju did. Kabir was 16 years older than Samar, and Samar has always looked up to him since he was a kid. Kabir was clever, he was good at studies, didn't let anything or anyone unnecessarily bother him. Kabir is the epitome of a perfect man. He has always been, until this moment. Samar looked up at Kabir with betrayal written all over his face.

"Did you just erase the only evidence we had to put him away? Literally everything?"

Kabir didn't say anything, just looked at the man infront of him. He was a genius like his father. He could figure all that out himself.

"Did you not hear anything? I gave you the evidence to put away a man that is responsible for the death of YOUR FUCKING DAUGHTER! Do you even care?"

"Keep your voice low Samar. This is a hospital. And I know what I heard and did." His voice as calm as always. Like he didn't just lose his daughter.

Kabir turned and moved away. Leaving Samar to scoff at the fact that he ever trusted him. That his sister was actually married to someone like him. Someone who didn't care about anyone or anything.

                            □▪︎□▪︎□

Samar finally got a chance to talk to his sister alone. Her tears were dried but the pain she has been through, the one she was still going through was very visible. His heart clenched. She already is going through so much, how could he rain more troubles on her head? But he cannot hide it either.

"It wasn't an accident di. You know that. But I know who was behind it as well. Mahendra." Aarohi wasn't even surprised. This is exactly what she expected from a man like him. But her child was innocent. Her daughter deserved better.

"Di, I got evidence against him. Just enough for him to rot in jail for the rest of his pathetic life, and I showed it to jiju but he deleted it. He erased every last drop of evidence that could put that Mahendra away for good." Aarohi's head snapped up at that. Kabir hadn't visited her once in all the time since the news of her child dying.

She was his daughter as well, so why would he delete the evidence? "Something is wrong di. Very wrong."

"My daughter just died Samar, everything is wrong." Samar moved closer to Aarohi and held her hands. She looked so fragile.

"I know di, and I am sorry, but I am talking about something else. Something is wrong with jiju. He wouldn't have done that before but now he did. It's like I don't even recognize him. It's like he isn't bothered by it at all. His daughter just died, but he is nowhere near you, where he actually should be. You need him and he needs you but he is gone. Nowhere to be found. I don't want to burden you but something is wrong with him."

"What are you trying to imply Samar?"

"Just beware of your husband di. Because there is something we don't know. "

                            □▪︎□▪︎□

I am so sorry for doing this. Even I feel horrible but it's for the story. Nobody should have to go through this.

What did you guys feel about the chapter? Please Tell me.

See you in the next one.