Chapter 6

I am failing

I am failing. Miserably. I can't keep up with the promise I made to Mr. Rajvansh. 4 months of marriage, 6 months to the elections that decide the faith of the next ruler of the city and I can't do shit. All because of people that shouldn't be called anything but venomous snipers. How can I help her become queen when I don't even get to talk to her? She wouldn't listen to me. They made sure of it.

4 months, I've been married and all I've seen is my wife drifting away from me. And it angers me to no extent. It angers me because I did not predict this. I didn't think they'll do this to me and the princess. But that was stupid of me. They hate the both of us, now that we're married. We are one unit. Atleast in the public eye we are. Because my wife really isn't the same. Her ears are filled with the venom, these ministers put in. Everything was good. We were happy together for the last two years and for a little while after our marriage. Until it all turned to shit.

My wife only talks to me if it is utterly necessary. Those also aren't the words I want to hear after a tiring day. The warmth from her voice lacks everytime we talk. The number of which I can count on my fucking fingers. That's how less we've talked since our marriage. She only smiles at me if there are people around. I haven't touched her in around two months and there is no hope for it to happen anytime soon. All because of politics. All because those bastards turned her against me. She is impulsive, I always knew that. But it's scary how easily they could influence her. Maybe I need to teach her that as well. To keep away from such nonsense and to not let it get to your head. But how can I, when she doesn't give me a chance to speak?

It all started with the ministers suggesting for me to be king and her to be the queen consort. For me to be the ruler. That was a single suggestion, a seed of drift between the princess and I. I have no interest in the throne. I would rather choke on my own blood than sit through those boring cabinet meetings. I am fine being the king consort. It doesn't need my necessary presence but I also get to say when these fuckers go over their line. But my wife deserves the throne. She is compassionate. She understands the people and she will do right by them. Only if she talks to me. If she decides to give me a chance. Some idiot told her I want her throne and now she is paranoid. I never wanted a throne. I've seen the ugly face of politics from far away. I do not wish to enter inside of it and dirty my hands until utterly necessary. But my wife thinks differently. She thinks she made a mistake by marrying me which honestly stings. Nobody wants to hear that, definitely not from their spouse.

I've never reacted to much but all that has been happening recently stings more than a fucking knife plunged through my heart. She is my heart. I've given her that right because she made her place in my life. My stupid, worthless life seems incomplete without her now. The void that my soul feels, the hollowness in my chest, all because she doesn't talk to me the same way or that she doesn't even look at me properly. She doesn't share the same bed as me. She stays in her office all night and when I feel she needs the bed, I move out of the room. I just want her comfortable. But our lives aren't just about being comfortable anymore. They're all messed up now. All because of a misunderstanding. And I don't have anyone to share this with. So as I sit in the garden with the king, who treats me like his very own grandson, I explain to him all that has happened.