Chapter 7

Never in my life did I imagine this

Never in my life did I imagine this. I didn't think my ambitions would hurt my heart. People want me to choose between the throne I want and the man I love. Fuck them. I might look naive but I've proved it time and time again that I am not. But there is a power in being underestimated. They don't think you'll be enough to pull a move on them. So when you swipe the ground from under their feet, they fall on their fucking faces and break their noses. I just didn't think it will hurt my prince as well.

I walk into our room, and see him standing near the window. The room is dark. Too dark. I walk closer but not enough to touch him. If I do, none of us will stop. We'll fuck like rabbits then. It has been too long. Right now, I need to apologize. I hurt him and that's what I have to do. "I am sorry my prince. I went too far with my question. That wasn't the plan." He nodded. Still not looking at me.

"No princess. That was not the plan. The plan was simple. They filled your ears with lies, we fill theirs." He turned around suddenly, his hand clutching my jaw. His grip wasn't painful, I wasn't hurt, just surprised. It wouldn't look nice to anyone on the outside.

That's when I looked down from the window. 2 workers were looking up at us with wide eyes. They soon ran away, and his grip from my jaw was also gone. This is what we've been doing from last couple months. Those bloody ministers think they can turn me against my husband. Pathetic idiots. If my prince actually wanted the crown and wished to be king, I would've given him all the rights very willingly. I love him. I would do anything for him. But he doesn't want it.

So when these very 'smart' ministers started trying to manipulate me, I pretend to be exactly what they think I am. A dumb girl, too insecure in my own marriage. I pretended to start drifting away from my prince and when I explained the situation and my plans to him,he played along. We needed people to believe us. We had eyes on us from everywhere. The workers in this palace love to gossip. So we gave them a reason to. The gossip spread and reached the ears of the ministers, who were all too proud of themselves.

We started sleeping in different rooms, have minimal contact, often displayed our rift in public. Everytime we had a fight or shared a concern about our marriage, we made sure to have an audience. Just this morning when the prince explained his marital problems to the king, we had a minister watching, who I have no doubt told everyone else what he heard. Then on the foyer just a few minutes ago when I asked him those hurtful questions, we had alot of workers there. And now two of them have seen us on the window. The gossip spreads faster than a forest fire.

I didn't expect audience on the foyer though. So I asked the first question that would've made believe. But they were harsh. Even for a lie. And I can see how hurt he is. He sighs and sits down on the chair nearby. I crouch down infront of him. He wasn't very impressed with the plan but I came up with it so he still helped me.

"I can't do this anymore. This hurts princess. And I don't want that. I can't pretend to do any of this. Nor can I stay away from you anymore. I need this to stop. Please." His voice is barely a whisper and I've never seen him this vulnerable. My plans, ambitions, would never be more important than him. I would do my duties when I am queen but never at the cost of my own family. I shake my head at him. "Okay. We will stop. I will stop. I am sorry my prince. I know I hurt you. Please forgive me. Please." He cupped my face and brought his lips down to mine. Slowly, like we should savor the moment.

I would never do something like this again. I've lived with this man for almost 2 and a half years and I've known him much longer. I love him and hurting him is the last thing I want to do. He pulls away and rests his forehead against mine.

After 2 long and tormenting months, I finally get to sleep next to him. Or under him to be specific. His head is on my chest, his nose touching my neck. His hand on my breast. He is a boob man. I am sure he missed those more than me. I run my fingers through his hair, listening to his soft and even breathing. He fell asleep almost an hour ago. Now that I know my marriage is fine and my husband is with me, I need to work through another plan. Before falling asleep he said he'll think of a solution but I need to think too. Even though mine are stupid, they help.

Alot of ministers let their guard down infront of me, because they thought I am dumb since I was manipulated so easily and that helped me to a great extent. I stopped atleast 3 schemes they planned to launch that would fill their pockets even more and would harm the general public. There really are advantages to being underestimated. But now I have to change the course of action. One that does not put my marriage on the spot.

I didn't know when I fell asleep but I woke up to an empty bed. I had almost forgotten how good it felt to sleep next to him. It calms me to no extent. I get up, take a shower, dress up and walk out. It's the cabinet meeting day. They happen once a month. The ride to the royal offices was short and now I am standing right outside the door to the meeting room.

My nerves spiking up again. I hate all of this. Especially those people. I walk inside, greet my grandfather and sit in my chair. My prince right next to me. Still with the same bored expression he always has on his face during these meetings.

The ministers start talking, as usual all about themselves. They don't know it was me who tipped the king about their schemes, so now they're trying to sell those schemes to the king who is listening to them with the strong intent of rejection. I turn to my prince, who looks five seconds away from falling asleep. All this appears too boring to him. Especially when he already knows of their 'ideas'. Then comes the dreaded topic.

"Your majesty, we think we should all take in notice the true question of your accession. Of that of your heir." A minister points out while my grandfather looks bewildered.

"I already have an heir. My granddaughter. The princess, Aarohi Raichand." Murmers around the room feel like little needles pricking my ears. My prince finally looks a little interested in all that is happening.

"Your majesty, as we all know that no queen has ever sat the throne, so I would say that you either name her husband Kabir Raichand, your heir or your grandson Samar Rajvansh."

"Samar had already denied the throne to ever come to him. He has made it very clear that it is only his sister who should sit the throne." The king is angry. He is trying to protect me. He loves me and he will do everything in his power to keep my claim to the throne.

"And I have no interest in your throne. Only my wife, the princess should have the crown." Everyone looks shocked at my husband's statement. Now they know they can't manipulate me anymore. Too bad, they never did.

A minister stands from his chair and gives me the most condescending smirk I've seen in my entire life. "Well then, as all the Ministers have to vote for the new ruler, we've decided to have an election of sorts. Minister Nirmal Singh has nominated himself along with the princess for the accession of the throne. The voting will be done 6 months from now." He sat back down. I knew this would happen. I knew. And I still can't stop the feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. They would never let me win. It's all gone to waste. The king can't say anything in this as this is a rule. An election with multiple candidates can happen if it is proposed.

Before a full blown panic attack could hit me, I excuse myself and settle in my car. I need the one person I know can calm me down. And right now I need peace more than anything. I pick up my phone and dial the first number I see.

"Mumma."

                             □▪︎□▪︎□

So, it was all an act. I loved all the analogies from the last chapter. But Aarohi isn't that stupid. Besides she loves Kabir. Doesn't mean he wasn't hurt though.

What did you guys think?

Honest opinions on Aarohi?

Comment and let me know your thoughts. 😤😤

See you in the next one.