Chapter 14

Few hours ago

                     Few hours ago.

Kabir drove towards the house of the man who took his precious daughter away from him. His daughter. He hasn't even held her. And he will never get a chance to. He won't be able to teach her how to walk, or never listen to her talk. He won't be able to do anything. All because of one man.

His knuckles whitened around the steering wheel. Fucking asshole. He deserves nothing but hell. He parked far away from the building and made his way inside. To his luck no one but Mahendra was in the house. The first thing Kabir did, was to turn on all the gas knobs. He could just cut the pipe but that won't be called accident. His work would be alot easier this way. His gloved hands left no trace behind. He walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, where Mahendra Shrivastava was drowning in alcohol.

He looks up at the man infront of him and blinks. His blurry vision was making it difficult for him to see but he figured who was infront of him. "Prince?" Kabir paid no heed to him. He had his own plans. Important ones.

"What do you think of me Mahendra? What kind of person am I?" His voice was calm, his face was blank. Nothing new or out of place.

"I think you're great?" Mahendra was confused. This guy came into his house at this ungodly hour to ask him this?

"Honest opinion Mahendra. I don't want this formal crap. I want an honest opinion." The smell of gas leak was becoming more prominent. Kabir's nostrils were flaring but the man in front of him was too drunk to notice.

Mahendra chuckled. He is too drunk to care about anything. "I think you're too unresponsive. I think you don't care about anything or anyone. That you're too weak and useless to fight for the crown your wife so desperately wants." His voice caused a migraine. Kabir doesn't want that to happen. He has better things to do.

"Hmm. Why don't you have landline in your house? And all those burner phones you throw away after the job is done, why not stash them in your house rather than office?" Mahendra stopped laughing and looked puzzled.

How does he know all that?

Kabir did his research before coming here. He is a criminal lawyer after all. He knows the best of both worlds. Indian law is effective but it's paralyzed. By the time they decided to do something of Mahendra Shrivastava, he would've committed more crimes. More people's lives gone in seconds.

Kabir did his work and figured that the only mode of communication in this house is Mahendra's cellphone. It was lying on the table. Before Mahendra could reach it on his wobbly steps, Kabir picked the phone, threw it on the ground and crushed it under his feet.

"Don't worry Mahendra, like you said, I am pretty weak and harmless. I am not here to do anything to you. I am just here to inform you, that you killed my daughter,  i know that. And I am going to burn her pyre from here. So, you win. Congratulations." Mahendra has wanted to kill the princess too but whatever, losing the child would break her anyway. Now, he could do whatever the fuck he wants after Nirmal Singh becomes king.