Insomnia

~

(Tw: kidnapping, rape, blood, curse words)

Later that day, the night had finally settled. The stars were high in the dark sky. The moon was bright and was showing the way to people who had lost it.

And there she was, sleeping under the fresh sheets. They were tied together in a hug. There was a warmth in Taylor's arm around Joe's body. His bare chest felt so good against her skin.

However he couldn't sleep. His mind was wandering back to everything that had happened that day. Inside, he was feeling vulnerable. He could do nothing. He was feeling as nothing. What if something bad had happened to her? Would he be able to protect her? He knows it's wrong being pessimistic but he can't help. Constantly, he's thinking about it and it won't let him sleep.

Fuck. He sits up on his elbows and turns his whole attention to her. With his fingers he brushes her blonde hair off of her beautiful face. He examines her face features and smiles absent-mindedly. But then, his smiled dropped because of his dark thoughts. He strokes her cheek and leans in to leave kiss on her forehead. It's unfair to feel so weak next to her.

"I know that you're asleep. I know. But girl... What have you done to me, to make me so hopelessly fucking obsessed with you?" he really was obsessed. He couldn't stay away from her.

"Today I almost passed out watching Robert next to you" he kept whispering "I feel so dumb for not...for not telling you to protect you"

He sighed and felt like the atmosphere around him was getting unbearable. It was hard to endure it. Her calm breathing was enough to help him calm too. He needed to tell her the truth.

"It's hard to tell but, I am...I'm a drug-addict and it's fucking messed up" his finger was tracing her face softly "My life has been so complicated" he giggled "I'm also a drug dealer and I belong to something like a gang." he sighed "I know it's a lot to take but it's fucking true"

He licked his lips and watched her sleeping. His voice was low and deep and it was just lullaby her even more.

"What Robert called that club earlier today, was the drug dealing gang that we're in. Him and me are in the same one... It sucks right?" he giggled again "I know... And that's why he came here today. He wanted to convince me not to leave. Because yes I wanna leave that shit."

He smiled this time "You're the reason I wanna stop doing this. You make me wanna change, be a better person" he kissed her wrist

"I...in my life a lot has happened" he bit his lower lip and started to caress her arm. That woke her but she was too tired to open her eyes or even talk.

"And I wanna talk about them..." he whispered "I really wanna tell you" he sighed once again

After that he took a deep breath. "So, I guess you wanna know the reason why I hate seat belts or people touching my chest". At this point Taylor decided to remain silent instead of talking. She would just pretend that she was asleep. "And more like these"