#FOURTY FOUR

Ameer reaches the hospital and saunters out of his car then walks to the passenger back seat and opens the door then swoops Ameerah in his hand.
Ameerah keeps crying but not because of the pain anymore but because her period always embarrassed her in front of men. First, it was her stepbrother, then Ahmad, and now Ameer.

Ameer enter inside and Ameerah was wheeled inside the ER while Ameer follow them behind...
the doctor walk in and check on her then inject her and Ameerah told her what the previous doctor at Maiduguri told her and the medicine prescribed to her by that doctor.

Okay, then you continue taking the medicine. If it has finished we will prescribe another one for you. the doctor muttered and Ameerah told him it's remaining.
Mr. Is she your wife? the doctor asks Ameer.
No, she is my sister. Ameer replied.
Okay then let her rest once the pain has subdued, she can go home. the doctor said and Ameer thank him.

Sorry, meerah. Ameer said to Ameerah and she muttered thank you. then lay back on the bed to cat nap.
Ameerah falls into a deep fog of oblivion immediately after her head hit the fluffy pillow.
Ameer chuckled at how she fall asleep like she's been given a sedative. he saunters out of the hospital to go buy her new cloth so that she will change the one she is wearing.

Maiduguri Nigeria

hun" I'm bored and tired I can't drive to Ummi's house and Yusrah has traveled with Daddy. maybe you should call ramlat if she didn't go to school she should come over and stay with me. Khadijah said to her husband with a pout on a video call.

I'm sorry for leaving you at home all alone. Okay, I'll call ramlat now. Mon cherry I will hire a maid that will be helping you with the house chores. I don't want you to stress yourself with this baby that is already stressing you. Ammar said with a smile pointing at her little bump that is now showing.

Hun thank you. but I can do the work myself no need to hire a maid. Khadijah said but Ammar didn't agree with that.
Mon cherry I might not come back early you know I told you abbah is back and he wants to see me. I will be back after maghrib. let me call ramlat. Ammar muttered and end the video call.

Abuja Maitama
2:00 pm

why is Pumpkin not back from school? she told me her exam ends by noon.
Yusuf, did you know if Ameer has gone to pick Ameerah up? Khaleel asks Yusuf who is playing a Ps game.
Yes. Yusuf reply curtly and continue with his game as Khaleel also join him but his mind isn't on the game anymore.

Yusuf, can I have Ameer's number, please? Khaleel asks and Yusuf gives him Ameer's number.
Khaleel thank him and dial Ameer's number.

Ameer comes back to the hospital with a shopping bag and then walk to the ward Ameerah is. he enters with taslim and luckily for him Ameerah is awake. she pivots her gaze to him and then replies his taslim.
how are you feeling now? Ameer asks with a smile shoving his ringing phone out of his pocket as he gives Ameerah the shopping bag.

why is this number calling me? the number has been calling me since I was driving and I don't like picking up call while driving. Ameer muttered and pick up the call then place it on his right ear.
Ameerah open the bag and it was a black abaya inside and a tampon. she checks the second bag it was food and a bottle of water inside.