#SIXTY FOUR

Abuja, Nigeria
Maitama
6:00 am

Afrin groans in her sleep as she feels a pang in her tummy.
zawj my stomach is aching. Afrin said tapping Khaleel.
Hayat please let me sleep for Allah's sake. I have go through a lot of stress yesterday and last night. Khaleel said with a sigh and turn his back on her.
Afrin shakes her head. Khaleel has really tried since yesterday I should have let him rest. Afrin muttered and manage to sit up but the pain increase. suddenly she started feeling something streaming down her legs.

she takes off the duvet and was stunned to see blood streaming down her legs.
Afrin cover her mouth as tears started cascading down her cheek.
I know the dream I had last night will result in this. Afrin cried out.
she couldn't hold her sob and she started crying more.
Khaleel heard Afrin's voice crying and he quickly sit up and what he saw shocked him to the core.

zawj my baby! I think we lost the baby. Afrin cried out hugging Khaleel.
Subhanallah! Khaleel exclaim as hot tears streams down his cheeks too.
why is this happening to us, Ya Rabb? Khaleel said with a facepalm and swoop Afrin in his hand then grab his car key and saunter out of his bedroom with Afrin that is still bleeding.

Subhanallah! wish her quick shifa. Sani muttered sympathizing her.
Khaleel drops Afrin in the back seat and drive out of the house.
he reaches the hospital and saunter out of the car and walk to the back door then open the car and swoop Afrin in his hand.
the nurses approaches him with a wheelchair and Afrin was wheeled inside the ER and Khaleel follow them behind.

the doctor check on her and told Khaleel that she has lost the baby they need to operate on her to flush out the remaining product inside her. he give Khaleel some papers to sign on them and he collect them with a shaky hand.
Mr. I'm sorry for the lost just have sabr Insha Allah the lord will bless you with another one. there is still a chance for her to conceive so you don't have to worry. the doctor assures Khaleel and he nods his head.

he signs on the paper and walks to the cashier to pay the bill.
he call Afrin's family and tells them the catastrophic thing and his mom too then Ameerah.
Sheikh Umar arrived at the hospital with his wife immediately Khaleel tell him what happen. Afrin's brother and wife also come and Ameerah too then aunt Hajo because Khaleel tells his mom not to worry and come to Abuja but she refused and is on her way she takes a flight.

Khaleel please don't cry and act like a man. I want you to accept this as qadr. Please go home and change your stained cloth. Sheikh Umar said tapping Khaleel on his shoulder.
No Abbah I will wait for the operation to be done then I will go home and change. Khaleel said with a sniff.

Ameerah walks to him and console him and also pray for Afrin.
she was shocked after hearing what is going on in her brother's home.
Subhanallah! Ya Khaleel when did it start? Ameerah exclaim covering her mouth as tears escape her eyes.
Yesterday meerah. Khaleel replies weakly.
Insha Allah, it shall be well. Ameerah prayed and Khaleel shake his head as the pathetic look they are all giving him is upsetting him more.

The operation theater cracks open and they all walk to the door.
Doctor, how is my wife? Khaleel asks worriedly.
Your wife is fine and the operation is successful but your wife needs enough rest. did she hit her stomach somewhere or did she have a stressful day before she sleep? the doctor ask and Khaleel heaves a sigh.
doctor I was with her yesterday and she didn't hit her stomach anywhere but she had a stressful day yesterday. Khaleel muttered.