26

Melody woke the next morning, not realising where she was exactly, until she remembered...

Sitting bolt upright, she looked, seeing Ransom lying next to her and sleeping very soundly.

Her whole body ached as she went to slide out of bed, but was then pulled back in. "Too early Mel, stay in bed". Ransom muttered; eyes still closed.

"Audrey might need..."

"You'd hear her through the monitor". His arm rose and he pointed to the dresser where the baby monitor was on there. He must've brought it in after she'd fallen asleep last night. "She's fine".

"Hugh...we..." she began but he was now pulling her back into him.

"Need more sleep, so make the most of it before she starts up". She gave in and huddled against him as she was feeling the cold from getting out of bed. "You cold?" He now asked, opening his eyes and checking to see what the time was. "Geez Mel it's 5am! Do you get up this time every day".

"I get up when Audrey does, sometimes before if I'm awake".

Ransom snorted. "Not today. You're staying right here".

Melody smirked. "You don't control me Hugh". 

Immediately she was pinned under him as he stared down at her. "Back calling me by my real name? I'm offended". 

"Everything offends you" She chuckled as he leant down and kissed her, then groaning as they heard Audrey through the baby monitor. 

"Perfect fucking timing" Ransom muttered as he got up to let Melody free. 

She smirked and gave him a kiss. "I'll be back". Getting up and then pulling on the white cable knit sweater that he'd been wearing the night before. 

"Well shit..." He muttered to himself, watching as she slipped it on and then wetted his lips. "You're a fucking cock tease, you know that?" 

Melody shrugged as she walked out. "Good, have fun jerking off while I'm gone". 

Ransom watched her and then lay back, staring at the ceiling. Last night had probably been one of the best nights that he'd had for a while. 

And he'd had a lot

There was just something about Melody Harper that made him crave more. Had it always been there? Supressed into the back of his mind? Because now it was rising like a fire that was out of control. 

He got up and pulled on his clothes, heading downstairs to make some coffee now that he was well and truly awake, Melody coming down with Audrey in her arms before spotting him and looking a little surprised.  "I thought you'd go back to sleep?" 

"Couldn't". He replied, scooping some coffee into a couple of mugs and then seeing Melody juggling Audrey and the baby cereal she was trying to make. "Here, let me take her". He said as his daughter's face lit up, becoming excited on seeing him. "C'mon, let's go get you some toys". 

Melody watched as he grabbed a few things from the play pen and put Audrey into her highchair, then showing the baby what was there as her little hands grabbed at them. She smiled to herself, liking that he was trying and spending time with her. 

"Your coffee's ready". She said, bringing Audrey's baby porridge and bib over to where they were sat. 

Ransom sat with them as she fed the little girl. Giving her, her own spoon so as she could try scoop it out herself. 

Of course, she began to make a mess and squeal with excitement, even Ransom cracked a smile, and he was used to everything being neat and tidy. "Okay, I'll admit that is cute". He finally said. 

Melody simply smiled across at him and cleaned Audrey up once she was finished, "Are you ok to watch her while I take a shower?" 

"Oooor seeing as you're teasing me by just wearing my sweater, I could take it off you, you could put Audrey in her cot, and we can take that shower together?" He slipped his arms around her. 

She smiled, "Maybe after breakfast when she has her nap then?" 

"Perfect". He grinned and kissed her neck. 

**

A/N - Bit of a shorter chapter as we're probably coming to the story's end soon.