Chapter 1

The world was different at the moment, it was scary and difficult to comprehend. The way he was with her, she would actually kill for Kian right now but things didn't end up that way, he went back to Canada for a bit, they broke up but that was ok, she could cope with that and now she was stuck with Fletch, at her place, all because her car broke down on her drive and she couldn't get into work, life really did have its ups and downs didn't it? She snorted at him as he tried to fix it, the radio playing as he left the key in, his arms elbow-deep in her car causing her to annoyingly say how she would make a surgeon of him yet if she tried. He tutted at her and told her to shut up in the kindest way possible but that just warranted her to snap and then offer him a cuppa. When she stepped back out he huffed as she placed the mug in the most awkward place possible, she took it and moved it, proceeding to pull a face at him for being so meticulous and particular.

"You know...if I don't get this done I'll end up staying over and then I would never get back to the kids until all of this is over at this rate"

"Maybe that's for the best, I packed Emma off with Jonny and Stacey" Jac shrugs, Fletch sighs and looks at her "No but you're right, your kids are practically orphans anyway, they need you"

"Maybe you have a point though...with you and Jonny working, protecting Emma has to be paramount, maybe I should do the same, get a hotel somewhere in case they get struck down with the dreaded lurgy"

"I think it's a bit more than the dreaded lurgy Adrian" she smirks and he just snorts at her words "Hurry up, I do need to get into work some time this week-"

"I have you know I'm used to the older model of cars, not your fancy hybrid motors you see on the roads nowadays" Fletch smirks, she smirks back at him before listening to the radio "It's fine, I can do it in a couple of hours-"

"Well that's not good enough, I need milk for dinner tonight and for my bedtime coffee" she rolls her eyes

"Walk to the shops then"

"Well maybe I will have to if you cant fix my bloody car!" she groans before pulling her phone out, she sighs at a text message from Jonny "He can fuck off and all"

"Jonny I assume?" he didn't even look up at her, she nods "What does he want? A medal for the world's best dad"

"No he's just saying that because of the fucking virus he's staying in fucking accommodation so Emma is now staying with Stacey and that kid of hers, why do I bother? Why do I actually bother?"

"Because you want what's best for Emma"

"I do, that's true but...I don't know it's like I've given her up all over again" she mutters, he nods slowly "I just don't want her to think that...I have"

"She won't think that, this is probably for the best Jac...I mean I have my dad at ours for an extra pair of hands just in case I get struck down with it at work... it's not...ideal granted but at least the kids have someone looking out for them"

"There is a difference Fletch your kids are around the corner whereas mine is in bloody Scotland"

"You have a point though, you're protecting Emma by letting her go aren't you?" Fletch sighs and removes his arms from inside of her car, he turns around and perches himself on the edge of it

"I suppose"

"Stop giving yourself a hard time, there are going to be plenty of other kids in her position plus you have video calls and instant messaging, it'll all be ok"

"I guess"

"Where is Kian anyway?"

"Broke up with him...gone back to Canada he has to be with his family...the spineless little shit couldn't commit to me"

"We are in a bad mood" he teases before going to twist her car key, he beams as the engine starts "I still have it"

"What do you want, a medal?" she looks at him, an eyebrow raised, a smirk on her face as he revs the engine "Thank you-"

"Maybe I should follow in Jonny's footsteps-"

"What?" Jac pulls a face as he shuts her car door "You leaving your four needy little shits at home with your dad whilst you slave away as a nurse"

"I do look good in scrubs though-"

"You're taking liberties you are" she couldn't stop her eyes from lingering on his body "But you should get back to them before we're trapped here together, that would be my idea of hell"

"Mine and all" he mutters before frowning at a notification on his phone, he sighs in annoyance and huffs "Fucking hell"

"What?" she walks over to him and peers over his shoulder "Only you could be so fucking redundant to sign up to news apps on your phone-"

"Read it" he thrusts it towards her and she groans in annoyance "Is that all you have to say?"

"Well we knew it would happen with you taking your sweet time" she mutters and walks into her home, he follows her and sits down on the sofa "Looks like I'm stuck with you now"

"Can't fucking wait"