Chapter 9

They were sitting in her garden playing cards, it kind of became their thing, she didn't know why but she kind of liked it, usually, she hated cards but with Fletch it was different. They had definitely toned things down and Jac could tell he was walking on eggshells around her, he was resisting the flirtation and she was surprised he was sticking with it, usually, he caved at any given opportunity but this time he was sticking to the rules she laid out in front of them. It was hot out at the moment, there was a heatwave so routinely he would pass her the sun cream to ensure she didn't get burnt.

"It's too hot out here" she complains, he nods and looks at her before passing her the sun cream again "Thanks"

"How about I make us a nice cool drink?" he suggests, she hums and nods as he heads indoors, she lies flat on her back on the blanket as he returns "Why don't you put your swimming costume on or something?"

"Ew no" she pulls a face, he laughs and heads to her shed, he hums and rummages through it "What are you doing?"

"Well, you must have a paddling pool or something for Emma?"

"No but I have a sprinkler" she shrugs, he grins and takes it out "Don't you even dare Adrian otherwise I will persuade Max to sack you"

"Live a little" he whispers, she groans and picks up the blanket knowing he was hell-bent on acting like a child

"You're regressing in age you are" she points as he screws the hose into heathers sprinkler, he places it in the middle of her garden before grabbing her by the arm "No! Fletch...please no"

"Live a little" he pokes her on the nose and drags her into the force of the sprinkler

"My hair is going to be ruined" she complains but he shrugs before taking his shirt off "Uh, no...no, you are not...I am not!"

"You know you want to"

"No I really don't" she states but he goes for the hem of her top, he doesn't take it off but he just tickles her instead "Stop it!"

"Take it off" he whispers into her ear, she groans and clenches her jaw, she smirks before leaning towards his ear

"I'm not wearing anything underneath" she responds slyly before running off, he groans again

He went inside and dried off, he saw her sitting on the edge of the bath rubbing her hair dry, he smiled at her and then took the other towel to dry himself off as well, she stared at his body and he smirked at her before she walked out of the room and into her bedroom to give him some privacy. When she returned he was standing outside of it not wanting to push it too much with her knowing what happened last time. She bit her lip as she walked past him before deciding she would treat herself to a glass of wine as she didn't have to work tomorrow, unfortunately, he had to cover a shift tomorrow so he couldn't drink with her.

"You're putting it away"

"And you're annoying" she retorts now on her third glass of wine "I don't have to work tomorrow so it's my day off, I can drink as much as I like and you're not my keeper-"

"Never said I was"

"Good-"

"Good" he confirms before looking at her, he bites his lip as she sits up on the counter fiddling with the corkscrew "You know...no one would have seen if you took your top off"

"You would have and I don't want you to"

"Shame...I'd be living out a dirty fantasy" he smirks, she snorts at his words before sighing "You love it really"

"Maybe I do" she smirks back at him "If it makes you feel better...I'm still not wearing a bra"

"You're actually trying to kill me" he groans, she snorts as he pulls one of the cushions onto his lap

"I was trying to decide which one to wear" she murmurs, he huffs at her words "The red one...or I have this nice purple one-"

"Jac"

"I even matching underwear...skimpy but I reckon it'll still fit, no material to them really-"

"You're going to make me need to take a cold shower arent you?"

"I can run it for you?" she flutters her eyelashes, he groans in annoyance "Or I could keep talking-"

"Shut up and run the shower"

She ran the shower and he practically ran to the bathrooms causing her to smirk, she hummed and headed upstairs to read the book she started last night when he was snoring away beside her, he came into the bedroom and rolled his eyes at her, she smirked. His eyes fell to the chest of drawers so she got up and opened the top drawer before laying her lingerie out on the top of it, he groaned and stepped forward, she placed a hand on his chest and shook her head before putting it back in the drawer, he walked into the bathroom again and she heard the shower start causing her to laugh and shake her head.

"You are so annoying" he states and breathes, she rolls her eyes "You're trying to kill me"

"No I'm really not, you don't do yourself any favours" she whispers before watching him sit down beside her "You know...you didn't have to hide...it"

"It's embarrassing"

"Is it though?" she whispers with a smirk, it irritated him "I mean...you never know if I had a dick I might be hard for you-"

"Fuck off Jac" he snaps and walks off causing her to cackle and grin triumphantly, he comes back into the room having forgotten his clothes and then leaves again, she sighs and heads downstairs where he was sitting on the sofa with a grumpy expression on his face

"Oh come off it stop brooding, I'll stop" she rolls her eyes and sits on the armchair, he looks at her and then turn to his phone "I'll allow you to get your own back"

"I don't want to" he states, she rolls her eyes and grabs her jacket "Where are you going?"

"Out for my one walk a day" she shrugs, he sighs and nods before watching her leave

When she came back he was cooking dinner, she smiled at him and he smiled at her, it was obvious he had a chance to calm down now. They ate and then they went to bed, he was tossing and turning causing her to sigh and turn the light on, he groaned and then turned over so she rolled her eyes and then turned it off again before turning over herself. They had managed to fall asleep before Jac frowned as she woke with Fletch's arm around her body and her body pressed against his, she groaned and tried to wriggle free but he tightened his grip on her and opened his eyes.

"Is this you getting your own back?"

"Might be"

"Let me go-"

"No" he states, she huffs as his hand brushes against her tummy "Just relax"

"Get any lower and I'll snap your fingers off" she mutters, she had a small smirk on his lips as he traced the hem of her underwear through her top "I mean it"

"I know you do" he whispers into her neck, she breathes out as he lets her go so she shuffles back onto her side "Goodnight Jac"

"Night"