Chapter 3 Headquarters

The walls are dark and dreary, the ceiling's high, and there's a hue of sadness and family drama hueing over what was known to be the 'Noble House Of Black'

The walls are dark and dreary, the ceiling's high, and there's a hue of sadness and family drama hueing over what was known to be the 'Noble House Of Black'. Sirius hasn't spoke much of it. The again, why would he? Or when would he have gotten the time to in the past twenty-four hours. Y/N thought about asking him about it, but she's not close to him, nor does she feel like she has a right to know. So she just let her curiosity go. If he wants to share his past, then he will.

So there she stands, looking at the ominous house at12 Grimmauld Place. The thing about this house is that it isn't connected to the Floo Network and hasn't been in years. It's better that way, allowing headquarters to stay hidden. On top of not being connected to the network, the house is hidden in another way as well. Most of the time, 12 Grimmauld Place doesn't exist. It takes magic for the entire building to extend over, adding an extra house to the complex. Only then and there when it's submerged from nothingness can someone enter. Y/N almost lost her mind when she first saw it.

Earlier in the morning, Y/N, her parents, and her brother left their house via the Floo Network to get to Diagon Alley. Once making it there, they'd take a turn to a small alleyway between two buildings where Moody was waiting for them so they could all disapparate to the house. At first, Y/N questioned why they wouldn't go straight from their house to headquarters, but Sierra explained it to her. The farther you use apparition, the more likely you are to get splinched. Not being the best at this magic, none of the adults were willing to risk it. So disapparating from Wiltshire to London was too big a risk, but from London to London was no big deal. Dumbledore could've got them from the house to Headquarters, but he had to leave. He didn't say where he went, but knowing him, it was something important. Moody also left shortly after, seems he's trying to recruit someone he knows to join the Order.

"Alright. So I think first thing's first, the bedrooms need to be done."

"And the kitchen."

"Well we also need at least one usable bathroom."

Y/N chimes in. "Okay then, it's settled. Some of us will do the bathrooms, some of us will do the kitchen, and others of us will do the bedrooms. Realistically, there are about a dozen people here, which means the bedrooms the most important. Sirius?"

He looks over as he walks into the foyer. "Yes?"

"How many bedrooms are there in this place?" She inquires.

"Seven."

"So that means, one bedroom to you, one to Molly and Arthur, one to my Dad, Mom, and Weston, one to me and Ginny, one to Ron, one to Fred and George, and an extra one for members of the order that need to stay here in the future."

He nods his head. "Sounds like a plan. Oh and just so everyone's aware, Buckbeak's upstairs."

Ron's voice is sternly surprised, "What?"

"Well I had to bring him here. If I were to let him loose, he'd be caught by the ministry and killed."

Y/N agrees. "And that's not going to happen after everything Harry, Hermione, and I did to save him. So, with all that said and done, let's get to cleaning."