Chapter 14 Void

She didn't sleep much for the next few nights. Looking back she can barely remember those days. They seemed to blur into one big block of time, filled confusion and guilt. How was she supposed to tell Draco about this? The literally had a fight because of Y/N's jealousy and now she's supposed to tell him that someone kissed her. How does one even begin to explain something like that?

The things she'd do to just be a muggle again. Maybe it was a boring life or even a shabby life, but she had peace in her mind. It sounds like a foreign concept now. The idea of just having nothing, but serenity in your head. These sort of situations make going back to muggle life feel like a valid option. And yet Y/N knows in her heart that she'd never be happy if she went back.

The inability to tell anyone has caused her to try out something new. She's seen girls do it at school before, but never saw it as something she'd want to try. At this point she'll try anything to get things off her mind, even writing in a journal. She's not the best at it in her opinion, but that's not the point of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

He still hasn't spoken to me. Should I speak to him? Or is that too awkward? 

I should've kept my distance. Kept him at arm length, both metaphorically and literally. I shouldn't have spent so much time with him. How could I have been so foolish?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Time to go clean."

She looks to Hermione. "Okay, I'll be there in a minute."

Y/N takes a second to try and really look at Hermione. Nothing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still can't read anyone's mind. It's odd, like I miss it and I don't. I had a feeling that my abilities with the elements would be a bit... absent for a while, but this I did not. Maybe I just need to get to a certain amount of control over it before I can use it at any point in time. In the meantime, I try to enjoy my time without magic.

I've tried to control the elements. Things like sparking flames are easy. However, growing produce to feed everyone has become an unachievable occurrence. We have enough to last a few days, but if this doesn't ease up soon, then we'll have a problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She gets up from the desk and heads out to go help the others.