Chapter 10 Mind

Silence is an unspoken communication. The truth is that by saying nothing, you can tell someone everything they need to know. Whether muggle or magical, this stands. Though this can become more literal in the wizarding world. For example, one needn't say a single word to tell another a message. They might not even have to write it down. A simple look to the other and they know. This isn't true for all, but for some, it's their second nature in the world of language.

A lot of it can go out the window when in the streets however. There's so many people that one might find it impossible to communicate. Maybe it's too loud, or too crowded, maybe there's too much going on that one's having trouble to focus all together. Either way, when too many people are involved, things change. Bets go out the window and one's only hope is to pray that they have the smarts to get back home.

"Who are you?"

Y/N stares at the silhouette of a person across the alley from her. They seem to have a slim figure to them and appear to be of average height. It's hard to make much out due to the fact that it's night time and raining. They look to be a woman, judging by the shadowed figure, but looks can be deceiving.

 They look to be a woman, judging by the shadowed figure, but looks can be deceiving

They hooded figure calls back. "It doesn't matter who I am."

"Well then why're you here?"

"To aid you in your journey."

What an odd thing to say. "Aid me? What journey? I believe you mistake me to be someone else."

The now confirmed woman, judging by the voice, steps forward. "No, I assure you that I am looking for you, Y/N Arcturus Sparks."

The last part of that sentence grasps onto her attention. "What do you want?"

They walk into the light and make their face known. "To help."

It's definitely a woman. She's got short, honey blonde hair that's reminiscent of the twenties. Though it does look very modern, with the way it's parted and styled. Her skin's decently fair, but not so much that she reminds Y/N of a vampire. Her eyes are this green color, similar that of a tree's leaves in the Spring. Not vibrantly green, a bit duller. That forest green color. She's a beautiful woman, there's no doubt about that, but who is she? What does she want?

"How are you supposed to help me and what with?"

The lady stands there and stares at her. At first, Y/N's unsure of what she's doing, but it soon becomes very clear to her. On this rainy night in London, the both of them stare at each other and the lady smiles.

A simple message pops up into her head. *I understand you more than you think*. At first, she questions what's going on, but when she begins to think about it more, she starts to connect the dots.

"I can understand why you'd be concerned, but I'm only here to help with something that none of your friends can help you with."

"You're a legilimens..."