Chapter 30

Two weeks later

We were finally allowed to go home from the hospital and all I wanted to do was to find Chase and get a good explanation for everything he did. So today I decided to skip school to go back to that building. I got ready as quickly as I could throwing on anything I could find.

 I got ready as quickly as I could throwing on anything I could find

What I wore

.

.

.

I don't really know the way to the building so I was wandering around for about a hour until I decided to ask somebody. I found a man near the bus stop reading a newspaper.

"Excuse me, do you know where this place?", I asked showing him a picture we took that day.

"Why do a girl like you want to go there?", he asked.

"Um..a friend asked me to come there, anyway do you know the way?".

He pointed to his left, "Make the first right turn, you'll see the building then".

I thanked him and took off running in that direction. The building looked the same as the last time I was here. I put my hand to the handle and opened the door. Sitting on the chair I was tied to last time, was Chase. He looked up when he heard the door open and immediately stood up when he saw me.

"Riley...I".

"I want an explanation for everything".

He sighed, "I guess I owe you one, so....the room you found in the library is something like my personal work space, when we found out that you've been there my dad said it would be too dangerous for us to continue this mission while you were there".

"Two questions, one what's this mission"? Two how did you know it was me?"

"Our school's one of the richest and my dad's obsessed with the money, he wanted to steal the school's personal data and take over the school and I knew it was you cause you're the only person I know who wears a black jacket with a huge white wolf at the back".

"Oh...that's how".

"And I'm really sorry, I never wanted to be a part of this".

I nodded not making eye contact with him.

"And you won't have to be afraid anymore, I'm....moving away in another two days time".

"Hey! You didn't tell me that!", I yelled glaring at him.

"I though you would've been happy ", Chase looked happy.

"I won't, even after what you did...I won't be glad", I replied.

Chase pulled me in to a bear hug and rested his chin on the the top of my head.

"You better go back, your friends would be looking for you", he said after a while.

"It's ok, I'm not going to school today anyway".

Chase pulled away and took me up a staircase to the rooftop of the building. He sat on a chair and patted the one next to it. I went there and sat down next to him.

"So um...does Axel know you're here?", Chase asked.

"No, he probably won't even let me ".

"And you aren't mad at me?".

"You had a reason for all you did ".

He was silent for a minute before saying, "I've been meaning to tell you this for some.....".

"OK..."

"I've actually like you for a long time-and I know it's not the best time to tell you this", he said all on one breath.

I stared at him in shock. Did he just confess to me. I averted my gaze to the ground, not saying anything I looked at the ground for like I was expecting to find an answer there.

Chase sighed and stood up, "You should get going now".

I stood up with him and said, "Look it's not that I don't like you or whatever...it's just I don't like you that way".

He nodded and smiled, "It's ok, it's also the last time I'll see you....so goodbye".

He kissed me.