Chapter 31

The next day

I doodled idly on my note book, not paying the slightest but of attention to what was going on in class. Meghan nudged me and said, "Riley for once pay attention, we have a test next week".

"I don't want to, besides we aced the last test".

"With cheating, yes, but you almost got caught".

"I've got a week to figure it out, anyway now that have access to the school's grades....I don't have anything to worry about, same for you too".

She sighed and turned back to the lesson, I turned to Axel who was sleeping next to me. I haven't told anyone about what happened between me and Chase yesterday. Maybe I should tell someone.

.
.
.

I was walking to lunch with Axel when I decided tell him....since well I've known him for a long time.

"Um....Axel you probably would be mad when you hear this, but I met Chase yesterday".

He was practically dancing down the hall with the happiness of his parents having bought him his own motorbike yesterday but when he heard what I said he stopped abruptly.

"What!? Yesterday? Why? When? Where?".

"I went to meet him, I wanted an answer for all he did", I answered.

I then told Axel the reasons. He nodded silently.

"And he said he liked me and he kissed me", I blurted out.

"WHAT?! THAT BASTARD DID WHAT?!"

He was yelling at this point.

"Jeez calm down", I said glancing around since people were starting to stare at us.

"You let him, kiss you I mean, seriously Riley after all that".

"He's moving away tomorrow ".

"That's good, I knew I didn't like him since the first time I met him".

I nodded and said, "It wasn't his choice ".

Axel ignored me and pulled me to an empty classroom.

"Why are we here?", I asked leaning on a desk.

"Just.....some privacy", he replied.

"Ok".

Axel opened his mouth to speak buy the door opened and Jake walked in with his arm around Meghan.

When they saw us they froze and Jake smirked.

"Forget it, let's just go", Axel said to me.

He dragged me out with him and Jake and Meghan followed asking us a dozen questions.

.
.
.

I swung my legs up on to the branch crossed them. I was sitting on the tree in the local park that overlooks my house a few minutes down the road. The tree shook slightly as Axel climbed up beside me.

Once he was seated next to me I turned to face the sky. The sun was setting, the sky a beautiful colour, bathing the entire park in orange.

The cold Autumn wind whipped around scattering fallen leaves around us. Axel moved closer and put his arm around me.

"Riley, if I'm to be honest right now.....".

"I like you", we both said at the same time.