Chapter Ten

Imogen chewed the last bite of her granola bar and smiled as she thumbed through her old photo album from before her parents kicked her out. She hadn't spoken to them since she came out, but she knew they were still keeping tabs on her through Uncle Miles. He'd kept her informed of their whereabouts in return and she knew they were doing well.

As much as the memory of them rejecting her hurt, she still held so many fond memories of her childhood in these albums. Photos that also held her uncle and other extended family. It had been a long time since the night she came out and now she held no more anger toward her parents. She just hoped that one day they may come to unconditionally love her again. There wasn't space for the strife she held back then any more and...

Imogen turned the page and caught sight of a person she didn't recognize. "Who is that...?" She peeled back the plastic protector and carefully removed the picture, turning it over to read whatever was scribbled on the back. "Xenia Zielinski of house Lis? Who's Xenia?"

Imogen knew the Lis were a tribe of red fox shifters, but what did that have to do with this Xenia girl or herself? She flipped the photo back over and eyed the girl she embraced in a friendly hug. They both looked so happy. Like they were the best of friends, but Imogen couldn't recall her name.

She really had been having quite a few run-ins with shifters lately, despite never really running in their circles. Then again, she had been around the Laurens family a large chunk of her life and they loved being involved with shifter affairs as one of the founding families of the alliance. Still, one shifter in particular wouldn't leave her mind.

Kimiko Fujiwara was hypnotizing from the moment she came into Imogen's life with her cocky attitude and lack of clothing. Suddenly, Imogen felt a heat run up her spine and the room began to spin. She buckled over and clutched her stomach. Something stiff and strong enough to hit her square in the gut sifted into the room and she shuddered from head to toe.

The photo album crashed to the floor taking her drink along with it. Glass shattered and she moaned as she collapsed to the floor just barely missing the shards, curling up into a ball. Then, a knock came at her door. With hard work, Imogen lifted herself up off of the floor and shuffled on shaking legs over to it. As she leaned against its cool wood, the rigid feeling stirred further and she just barely managed to unlock the door.

She couldn't quite explain it, but felt that whoever waited for her on the other side wouldn't do her any harm. That they would only help her get this under control. The door opened into the minuscule hallway and Kimiko peered down at her with lively eyes.

Imogen heard a growl rumbling in Kimiko's chest and reached out with a trembling hand. She caressed the visibly oversensitive skin along Kimiko's chest just past her open button up and could feel her physically vibrating, her heart nearly beating from her chest. When she finally met Kimiko's eyes, they were glowing. Not as brightly as before, but still glimmering.

With one swift motion, Kimiko lifted her into her arms and Imogen immediately wrapped her legs around her waist. She carried them into the entryway and closed the door, then pushed Imogen up against the wall. Her breath caught as she grabbed at Kimiko's shirt, fumbling with the buttons quite a bit. She needed to get it off of her. She needed to feel her skin against her own. Imogen couldn't explain why she felt this way, or even figure out what was going on, but in that moment, her mind went blank aside from the single thought: Kimiko was wearing too much clothing.

Kimiko let her waist go and lifted her shirt over her head, casting it to the floor. She licked up Imogen's neck from the curve of her shoulder and up to her ear where she bit down. Imogen shuddered and let out a loud moan. Then, her brain finally began to work right again.

She pushed Kimiko back, but couldn't bring herself to dislodge her legs from around her. Kimiko was panting, running her eyes all over Imogen's bare skin. She growled again, low and sultry, reigniting Imogen's budding arousal. She squeezed her eyes shut at the immense weight it sent to her chest and sunk her nails into Kimiko's shoulders as she wrapped her arms around them once more.

"What's wrong...with me...?" Imogen was finally able to mutter as she opened her eyes.

"I need to bite you again. Deeper." Kimiko's voice trembled as she stared down at her chest.

Imogen rested her hands in tight fists along Kimiko's chest as she stuttered, "Wh-What...?"

"It'll help us both. Just hold still and trust me. Then, we can talk."

Kimiko didn't wait for her reply and yanked her hands from her chest, pinning them against the wall behind her head. Involuntarily, Imogen quaked as she began unconsciously grinding against Kimiko's abdomen. Hurriedly regaining her senses, she stared in astonishment as Kimiko dipped her head and took the top of one of her breasts into her mouth. Imogen was enthralled and once Kimiko let them go, she draped her arms along her shoulders, keeping her close. She couldn't look away. When Kimiko's teeth sunk into her, she moaned again, deep and so foreign a sound to herself. She shuddered and held Kimiko nearer as she had the most satisfying climax of her life. Kimiko groaned against her skin and held her closely until their shudders had subsided, then pulled back.

She looked up at her. Her eyes weren't glowing anymore, but her face gleamed nonetheless. She looked elated, out of breath and craving for more. Imogen shivered and dipped her hands into the back of Kimiko's shirt, needing to feel her skin. Taut muscles met her and she bit back another wave of arousal as Kimiko winced and shuddered against her.

She buried her chin in her cleavage and whimpered as Imogen ran her nails along her shoulder blades. This felt just like before when she'd given Kimiko orders and she immediately followed. It was like she was...submitting to Imogen's everything. Kimiko's hands found her buttocks and held on tightly as she whimpered yet again. Imogen couldn't stop herself. Not even if she tried.

Every caress she gave made Kimiko tremble under her touch. Imogen smiled and dipped her head to kiss her forehead. Kimiko's eyes finally opened and she gave her a pleading look. It said she was waiting for her to tell her what she wanted. It was a look that said she would give her anything she wanted.

"Kiss me. Once." Kimiko jerked up to kiss her, but she stilled her with a finger on her lips. "Slow and deep."

Kimiko swallowed and craned her head up towards her. She kissed her, tentatively at first, then Imogen parted her lips and let her in.

Kimiko's taste was so succulent, Imogen could have lost herself in it. She explored Imogen's mouth with a fervent tongue, almost like she was worshiping her from the inside out, and she tightened her legs around her. Imogen clung to the hair at the back of Kimiko's head, ready to pull her back once their kiss was done.

Eventually, she did just that and they were both panting. Kimiko finally peered up at her once more, gazing into her eyes longingly and Imogen had to fight back the urge to claim her swollen lips again. First, she needed answers. She needed to have that talk.