ᴏɴᴇ

¹

¹. 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩

THE MANHATTAN POLICE STATION WAS LOUD, Candy sat in one of the plastic chairs, tapping her perfectly manicure nails against the arm of the chair.

Her stomach was in a bundles of nerves as she waited to talk to a cop about her current situation. Waiting was never one of Carmen's talents. Everyone she knew told her she was one of the most impatient person they have ever met, and she'd be the first to agree.

A soft sigh left her lips as she watched people coming in and out of the station, some in handcuffs and others in expensive suits with slicked back hair and briefcases in their hands.

Carmen looked down at her phone, rolling her brown eyes as realized she had been waiting for over forty minutes. If her situation wasn't so concerning she wouldn't even be here at all, but she couldn't keeping going on day after day scared to look over her shoulder.

"I've been waiting for over forty minutes. Is there anyone I can talk to yet?" Carmen questioned as she walked up to the front desk, an older man sitting there looking bored.

"It's busy today." The older cop said in a monotone voice as his blue eyes looked at Candy. "As you can see that." He added his hand gesturing around the room.

"Look," Candy said sucking on her teeth as she stared into the man's eyes. She could feel the very thin patience she had mustered up was beginning to wear off. "I need to talk to a cop. I don't care that it's busy. I have a serious fucking situation." Her voice was low as she spoke, but there was a seriousness in it that meant fucking business.

"You're gonna have to wait, sweetheart." The older man said before picking up the ringing phone.

Carmen let out a loud sigh, reminding herself she was in a police station to stop herself from going off on the older cop. She begrudgingly took herself back to the waiting area and it's uncomfortable seats, waiting for someone to finally come and talk to her.

"Miss Alves?"

It was another fifteen minutes later when Carmen finally heard her name being called. The Alves woman immediately stood up and walked towards the man who had called her name.

"Hi, I'm officer Johnson. I hear you need to talk about a pretty serious situation." He spoke with your typical city accent. He was young, maybe early thirties with a blonde buzz cut and dark brown eyes.

"Yeah." Candy nodded as he led her into a room. She was thankful for the quiet and a private place to talk to the young cop.

Officer Johnson sat down his eyes staring at Candy as he waited for her to speak.

Carmen sat down in the seat across from him, a deep breath leaving her lips, "I'm being stalked." She spoke as fear took over her body. She hadn't said the words out loud to anyone besides her best friend and hearing it out loud in the quiet room scared her.