sᴇᴠᴇɴ

A SMALL SMILE FORMED ON CANDY'S FACE as she looked over herself in the small mirror that occupied space in the dorm room of SAMCRO's clubhouse

Today was the first day that Candy would be babysitting Abel for a few hours and her nerves were at an all time high. She always had a soft spot for children — a feeling and need to protect those who couldn't protect themselves yet. It was probably a reaction from the way she grew up, wishing she had someone there for her younger self.

The brunette shook the trauma thoughts from her head before grabbing her keys and purse from the old wooden side table before exiting the room.

It was early enough that Candy hoped no one else would be awake in the clubhouse yet. She knew Gemma would be of course, but the matriarch would be in the office working. It was more Juan she cared about to be honest.

Juan and Remi had been nice enough to offer their extra room to Candy when she arrived in Charming, and of course she took their offer with a tight smile plastered on her face but, lately Carmen had been staying at the clubhouse. It just felt more comfortable to her. Gemma had offered her one of the spare rooms and she happily and quickly accepted. It had hurt Juan's feelings and she knew that but she didn't feel comfortable at his house.

Their relationship had been strained for years and while he was trying ( a little too hard ) to make it better it was too much and too soon for Candy. Granted, she had called him and asked him for help, but she had no one else. In her mind she was entitled to Juan's help because of how he just left her, yet he wasn't entitled to a relationship with her — at least a good one. Candy could fake one for him but really open up to him she wasn't sure if she could do that.

A sigh of relief left Carmen's lips as she entered the front of the clubhouse and noticed it empty. She quickly made her way towards the exit before anyone had the change to wake up and disturb her peaceful getaway.

The sun immediately blinded the brunette as she exited the dark clubhouse, quickly she grabbed her sunglasses from her purse. Her face was still bruised from her broken nose and while the headaches weren't so bad and the swelling had gone down slightly, the bright light still made the headaches worse.