ᴛᴡᴏ

₂ ❝𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈

₂ ❝𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈.❞

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

THE PLANE FINALLY LANDED AT LAX AFTER SIX LONG HOURS.

Carmen let out a long sigh as she grabbed her carry on from the overhead bin. She didn't take much with her, just some clothes, money, and her passport. She didn't need much, she just needed to get out of the city and away from Beau.

Carmen grabbed the prepaid phone from her pocket checking the time as she waited to exit the crowed plane. She had ditched her phone at the airport, picking up a prepaid one before boarding for her fight. Beau wasn't stupid. He'd more than likely check her phone records, and she needed to stay one step ahead of him. Always.

The warm California heat hit Candy as soon as she stepped off the plane. It had been years since she visited her brother and Candy had never grown accustomed to the dry, stale heat that welcomed her into California.

Her brown eyes frantically searched for a rental car sign. Juan had informed her he wouldn't be able to pick her up due to some work business, though he did say his girlfriend was willing to, but Candy found that too awkward. She would have to be sitting in a car for another couple of hours with some girl she didn't know. No thank you. She'd rather drive herself.

A small sigh of relief left Carmen's lips as she spotted a rent-a-car sign. The brunette quickly made her towards the rental place. She wanted to make it to Charming before night time. Carmen hated driving in a new town at night. That's why she loved the city. She never had to drive and she knew where everything was.

"Hi, I need to rent a car." Candy spoke in a rush as she slid her sunglasses over her tired brown eyes.

"Okay, for how long and where will you be traveling to?" The woman behind the desk questioned with a cherry smile on her round face.

"I'm not sure how long." Candy shrugged as she eyed the woman with caution. "I'm heading to Charming." She added as she pulled her license and credit card from her Gucci wallet.

"Shit." Candy mumbled to herself as she looked at the small plastic credit card in her hand. Beau was more than capable of tracking her credit cards as well.

"Well that's a bit of a drive." The woman laughed. "Let's get you a car so you can be on your way. I need your license and a credit card please." She said as she eyed the card in Candy's hand. A skeptical look crossing her face as she watched the brunette stand there with a blank stare.