ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

JUICE SAT INSIDE THE SAMCRO'S CLUBHOUSE WITH HIS LAPTOP IN FRONT OF HIM, his fingers danced across the keys at a fast pace as his dark eyes scanned the screen in front of him.

When Carmen first showed up he was tasked with doing a background check on her, it felt weird doing such an invasive thing on his sister, but he understood where Clay and the club were coming from — especially since it had been years since he last saw her. Not much had come back on her — nothing too alarming that would cause them any problems anyway. Clay had decided she was clean enough and they would help her out with her problem, but Candy's problems weren't their first priority and SAMCRO President made that clear.

It had bothered Juice that there wasn't much information on his younger sister. All he could find was that she graduated high school, worked a few jobs here and there, and rented a pricey apartment in Manhattan with her best friend. Juice had remembered Quinn's name from his teenage years when she use to be at their shitty apartment all the time with Carmen, but what he couldn't remember if the girl had come from money because how else cause two girls with shitty jobs pay for an apartment in Manhattan.

He knew it was probably just paranoia that made him feel like Carmen was hiding something more from him — even Remi was certain he was just smoking too much weed. Yet the feeling wouldn't go away. It has been too long and people changed over the years, Juice liked to think he still knew his sister, but he wasn't so sure.

"What are you doing?"

Happy's gruff voice startled Juice as he jumped at the Tacoma Killer's voice. Juice hadn't even heard his steps as he stood behind him and that unnerved him even more. The club was lucky to have someone like Happy Lowman on their side. Juice didn't even want to think what it would be like if he were one of their enemies.

"Fuck Hap, make some noise next time." Juice shook his head as a small nervous laugh left his mouth.

Happy grunted as he ignored the younger man's words and looked at open laptop screen that had a picture of Carmen across it. He raised an eyebrow slightly as he stared at Juice with curiosity. Why was Juice doing another background check on his sister? Happy knew Clay had him do one when she first came into town and asked for help with her problem, he had been at the table when Juice bought it into church. As far as Happy knew she was clean.

"Why you doin' a check on Carmen?" He sat down next to Juice while putting a toothpick in his mouth. "I thought she came back clean?" The tattooed biker was enjoying having her around but if she was a threat to the club he would do what he had to and get rid of her — it didn't matter if she was Juice's sister.

Juice eyed the older man as he shrugged. He might not have been the smartest but he noticed the closeness that grew between the usually silent biker and his loud mouthed sister. He noticed the way they looked at each other and how Happy would keep a watchful eye one her whenever she drank, always making sure she got back to her room safe and alone.

"Just making sure I didn't miss anything." Juice shrugged as he closed the laptop.

He didn't want to tell anyone about his feeling. It would only make the club paranoid about Carmen and he didn't want that. Everyone had welcomed her with open arms ( besides a few crow eaters ) and he didn't want to ruin the relationships she had formed just because he was suspicious of something he wasn't even certain of.

_______

CARMEN SAT ON HER BED IN HER ROOM WITH HER CELL PHONE TURNED OFF

CARMEN SAT ON HER BED IN HER ROOM WITH HER CELL PHONE TURNED OFF. Once she made sure Abel was safely with Gemma she practically run inside the clubhouse and locked herself in her room. She had been beyond grateful no one else was in the clubhouse besides a few crow eaters, she could only imagine the questions that would be hurled her way if Juan or even Happy saw her.

She felt bad for handing a confused Abel over to an even more confused Gemma, but she needed to lock herself away, to be somewhere safe where no one could see her. Candy knew deep in her bones that the car following her had to do with Beau — he had found her.

A few different options ran through her mind, she could run again and find a new place to go, hoping it was further away and he wouldn't find her this time, or she could tell Juan and the club the whole truth. Telling Juan the whole truth scared her if she were to be honest. He would know what she had done for a living then. He would realize how deep she was in and how much trouble she was. Maybe he would even realize she wasn't worth helping and send her away on her own.

A sigh escaped Candy's lips as she ran a hand through her dark hair. She didn't care what people thought of her — she had stopped caring a long time ago. If Juan wanted her gone after this then so be it, but she'd tell him the complete truth. She couldn't keep running. Especially when Beau had the money and resources to keep finding her.

Candy took a deep breath before standing up from the bed, the walk from the bed to the door felt like it took forever, her feet felt heavy as she exited the room and made her way towards the front of the clubhouse.

She cleared her throat as she spotted Juan and Happy playing pool. "Juan, can I talk to you?"

Happy's dark eyes looked up at the sound at Carmen's voice. She looked nervous and her voice didn't sound as confident as it usually did. He stared at her, their eyes connecting for a moment before she returned her gaze towards Juice.

"Yeah." Juice said with a happy smile. "I'll be right back." He told Happy before placing the pool cue down, walking towards Candy with a big goofy grin on his face.

Happy watched the siblings disappear down the hall, a funny feeling formed in the pit of his stomach. He knew the conversation they were about to have wasn't going to be a good one. There was something in Candy's eyes that told him she was scared and honestly that made him nervous.

______

AN

Another cliffhanger. I swear one day I'll stop making all my stories end in cliffhangers. Next chapter Candy will finally tell Juice all about Beau. Thank you for the votes and comment!