ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

A FEW MONTHS HAD PASSED SINCE the Beau incident, and everything was going well in Charming and in Carmen and Happy's life

A FEW MONTHS HAD PASSED SINCE the Beau incident, and everything was going well in Charming and in Carmen and Happy's life. Sure, there were still days were Carmen was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Waiting for the day an officer or FBI agent to knock on their door and demanded to know where Beau was or arrested Happy and everyone who was there that night for that creep's murder.

Happy had assured her that nothing like that would happen though, even if it did they would cross that bridge if the time ever came. Juan had also assured many times it wouldn't happen. Her brother had the brilliant idea of hacking into Beau's computer and sending out an email to let his colleagues know he was leaving the county for a much needed break and would be leaving the company to his CEO.

It seemed no one had questioned it because, well, as it would seem he wasn't a very liked man. The only person who could possibly link Carmen back to him was Officer Johnson back in New York City.

"You okay?" Tara raised an eyebrow as she placed a cup of coffee in front of the young brunette.

The doctor's voice pulled Candy from her worries as she nodded, smiling up at the brown haired woman. Everyone had been surprised to see how close Tara had gotten to Candy; she wasn't one to be friendly towards other women. In a way Tara had taken on an older sister role to the younger woman — something Carmen appreciated.

"Just got lost in my own head for a minute. I still think bad shit is going to happen because everything seems too good right now. I still feel like Beau is going to get his last laugh in." Carmen admitted with a deep sigh, scratching nervously at her eyebrow.

A sympathetic look took over Tara's face as she sat down next to Carmen, placing a comforting hand on her arm. "I know what you mean. When everything happened with Kohn," Tara paused for a moment as she swallowed the lump that formed in her throat. It had been years since Josh Kohn, yet it still bothered her from time to time. "I knew he was dead. I saw with my own eyes that he died, but I was still waiting for him to show up and ruin everything or hurt me again."

Carmen nodded at Tara's words. The doctor had described exactly how she was feeling. She knew Beau was dead. Happy wouldn't have left that man alive for any reason. She didn't have nightmares so much, just a feeling of dread from time to time that Happy or Juan could be taken from her. No matter how much of a hard time she gave her older brother; Carmen realized she needed him around.

"Have you talk to Happy about this?" Tara's voice was gentle as she remembered how much of a help Jax was to her when everything happened with Kohn. If it hadn't be for him, she probably would have handle it all much worse.

"Yeah." Candy nodded, taking a sip from the hot coffee Tara had placed in front of her. "He's really great; always reassuring me and everything, but my mind just thinks of all the fucked up shit that could go wrong. It's been like that since I was a kid." The younger brunette sighed as she run a hand through her wavy hair.

"Juan and I don't talk much about our childhood with the exception of a dark joke here or there, but our mom wasn't a mom at all. She cared more about her revolving door of boyfriends than us. Juan and I have different dads which you all know, but neither of us knew our dads. I mean, I got to see mine a few times for a couple of months before he just stopped coming to pick me up." A bitter laugh fell from her lips as she stopped for a moment. "Our mom's boyfriend's were all losers who used her for the little money she got to buy pills. I understand why Juan left, but I hated him so much. I needed him." Tears fell from Candy's eyes before she quickly wiped them away with anger.

It had been years since she opened up to anyone about her childhood. The only ones who knew this much were Quinn and Happy. Hell, not even Juan knew this much. He had left for good once he turned seventeen and it felt like he had forgotten about her for so long. Carmen had felt abandoned by him and it showed in the ways that she had first treated him when she arrived in Charming.

Now, she was trying to forgive him. She truly did understand why he had to leave, but it had taken so long for her to understand. It had taken years of bitterness and resentment, and hating her older brother to realize this.

Tara quickly pulled Carmen into a tight hug. "I'm sorry you went through all of that. I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but just know you have all of us now. We're your family."

Carmen sniffed as she felt more tears fall from her brown eyes. "Thank you, Tara. I really appreciate everything you all have done for me."

She truly meant it too. If it weren't for SAMCRO agreeing to help her, or Tara giving her a job taking care of Abel, she wouldn't have anything. More importantly she wouldn't have met Happy; the man who had quickly become the most important person in her life.

________

CARMEN LAID NEXT TO HAPPY LATER that night. After her long talk with Tara, she was completely drained.

"You okay, little girl?" Happy rasped whole running his hand through Carmen'a dark hair. He was a bit nervous at how quiet she was being. He knew her thoughts ran rampant, and he tried his best to help calm them down.

Carmen turned on her side to face Happy, placing a small smile on her face as she looked at the concerned look on his face.

"I'm okay, Hap. I just had a long talk with Tara today. I told her a bit about my mom and childhood." She explained, biting down on her bottom lip. "It was a lot." She added, noticing the dark look that overtook Happy's face the minute she mentioned her mom.

The Tacoma Killer didn't hurt women or children; he liked to believe he had some humanity left in him, but if he ever came across Carmen's mom, the little morals he did have would go right out the window.

Happy grabbed Candy's body closer to his, his fingers digging into her exposed skin. He needed to be closer to her, to comfort her. Any other woman with a sob story he didn't give a fuck about but this was his woman. Candy's pain was his now too. No one else would be allowed to hurt her as long as he was alive.

"I love you, Carmen. If I ever see that woman." His tone was as dark as his eyes as he placed a gentle kiss on top of her forehead.

Carmen didn't need Happy to finish his words to know what he meant by them. She knew exactly who Happy Lowman was, and it didn't bother her at all.

"I'm never going to be a mother like that woman." She promised as she buried her face into Happy's shoulder.

"I know you won't be, baby. You'll be the best mother ever." Happy smiled, placing a hand on the tiniest of bumps that had just started to become noticeable.

Carmen lifted her head up from Happy's shoulder, a smile now on her face as she looked down at Happy's hand lovingly rubbing her stomach.

"Thank you, Happy."

_____

AN —
awkward endings are my specialty. Yay Candy is pregnant! Next chapter will probably be the last 😫 thank you for all the comments and votes!