CHAPTER 2

-- FLASHBACK CONTINUES --

After years of severe and intense austeries, Dashgreev, Kumbhkaran and Vibhishan pleased Brahmadev.

"Tumhari tapasya se mai prasann hu. Batao, kya vardaan chahte ho ?" Brahmadev asked.

"Mujhe amar hone ka vardaan chahiye." Dashgreev asked.

"Koi bhi jeev amar nahi ho sakta. Yeh prakriti ke niyamo ke virudh hai. Kuch aur var maango." Brahmadev said.

"Toh mujhe devtao, asuro, danavo, daityo, gandharvo, yaksho, Garud aur Nago se amritva pradaan kare. Dusre jeevo se mujhe koi bhaye nahi visheshkar Manushyo se. Woh toh mere liye tinke ki bhaati hai, unse mujhe abhaydaan nahi chahiye." Dashgreev said.

"Tathastu !" Brahmadev said.

Kumbhkaran, the second son of Kaikeshi was born with immense strength and excessive hunger. Not able to control hunger he would eat anyone who came in his way, especially sages and innocent people.

Hence when Brahmadev sought to fulfill his desire the devtas protested saying that the world will become devoid of humans and animals. Thus Brahmadev put Kumbhkaran in a state of perpetual sleep.

This made Dashgreev upset, and he pleaded Brahmadev for making some concessions for his brother. The merciful Pitamah agreed and said that Kumbhkaran would wake up once in a few months and then go back to sleep again.

Lastly came the chance of the noble Vibhishan to ask for a boon, being the virtuous man his wish was unique.

"परमापद्गतस्यापि धर्मे मम मतिर्भवेत्" He wished. (Even in the worst of calamities, let my mind be always established in Dharma.)

"Tathastu ! Tumhari buddhi kabhi bhi dharm ke path se nahi hategi." Brahmadev blessed.

Now that Dashgreev had acquired a boon of near-immortality, his maternal relatives provoked him to stake his claim on Lanka. Although he rejected the idea first because Kuber was his elder brother after all and had been always very affectionate towards all his siblings, including Dashgreev.

But the instigations continued making Dashgreev believe that the Rakshasas had been wrong and Lanka rightfully belonged to them. The maternal relatives also told Ravan that if he gained control of Lanka he would become King of Rakshasas.

Dashgreev was convinced or rather tempted. He sent a message to Kuber.

°°°
Kuber,

Lanka ka rajya Rakshaso ka hai, jis par mere Nana Sumali ka shaashan tha. Hume humara adhikaar chahiye. Uchit yahi hoga ki tum Rakshaso ko woh saup do jo vastavik mei unka hai.

°°°

Kuber being the affectionate and caring brother he was, calmly replied to his younger brother with kindness.

°°°
Priya Anuj Dashgreev,

Humare Pita ne mujhe Lanka aake rehne ka aadesh diya tha. Jab mai yaha aya toh yeh bhumi Rakshaso aur anya nivasiyo se rahit thi. Mere prayaso aur sangharsho se hi Lanka ek Vaibhavshaali rajya bana hai.

Tum mere anuj ho, jo mera hai uska bhog karne ka adhikaar tumhara bhi hai. Maine tumhe kabhi bhi Lanka ke vaibhav ka anand lene se nahi roka hai.

°°°

Kuber also sought advise from his father on the future course of action. Rishi Vishrav advised him to let Dashgreev take control of Lanka.

"Dashgreev ne yeh maang mujhse pehle bhi ki thi. Maine use chaitaya tha ki Lanka ko iss prakar hadapne se uska patan hoga. Kintu Brahmadev ke vardaan ko paa kar woh ahankari aur dusht ho ho gaya hai. Iss liye putra, mai aagrah karta hu ki Lanka use saup do." Rishi Vishrav advised.

Taking his father's word, Kuber followed the advice and Dashgreev became the King of the affluent city of Lanka and Rakshas clan.

Having taken control of the kingdom, Dashgreev went on a journey to prove his supremacy over Bharatvarsh and subjugated innumerable kings.

He took away their women, forcefully kidnapping some, raping some while molesting others. Some got more lucky than the rest, they would be freed after he had his way with them.

While rest were trapped in the golden cage of Lanka. Many of them, losing hopes, gave in to his lust. While some gave up their lives, not bearing the dishonour he brought upon them.

But Ravan didn't always win, some kings like Kiskindha's Vali and Mahishmati's Kartiveerya Arjun overpowered him. Infact the Sahasrabahu Arjun had also imprisoned Dashgreev and freed him only after Rishi Pulatsya intervened.

But Dashgreev was cunning. Whenever he lost he patched up with the King like he did with Vali. But when Dashgreev won he left a trail of destruction.

As his powers consolidated, Dashgreev became an insufferable tyrant. He terrorised many sages and innocent people.

Dashgreev broke every edict of Dharma but on the other hand he also conducted Yagyas and gave generous charity. Therefore his own people were happy with him. And they were the only ones happy with him, those outside Lanka were the oppressed prey to his reign of terror.

Kuber tried to knock some sense unto his brother by cautioning him about his adharmi and oppressive ways. But blinded by power Dashgreev attacked Kuber and took away his Pushpak vimaan.

-- FLASHBACK OVER --

"Aur yeh Dashgreev Ravan aur koi nahi apetu Vaikunth ka dwaarpal Jay hai. Aur uska bhai Kumbhkaran Vijay." Mata Parvati said.

"Oh. Iska arth hai ki dono ka annt Narayan ke haatho hi hoga." Srinav said.

"Iska yeh bhi arth hai ki badi vikat aapda aane wali hai." Amarsri said.

"Satya vachan. Jab tak badi samasya khadi na ho Mamashree Hari Narayan avtaar nahi lete." Ganesh said

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Waise my respect for Kuber ji has increased. Very kind and benevolent he is indeed.

And can we appreciate the deduction of our fav sibling duo Amarsri and Ganesh ji ?

World is like - Ab Narayan ka avtaar dekhne milega 🙏

But they're like - Sansaar ki lagne wali hai 🥲