CHAPTER 9

After walking for a good while, Ravan was being troubled by his hunger and thirst. He couldn't keep the Aatma-Ling down lest it gets established there neither he saw someone who could help him in this hilly terrain.

He kept walking while looking for someone, and found a cowherd boy having food. Ravan bit his lip seeing it. It was a long way to Lanka and the food tempted him very much.

"Suno ! O gwale ! Suno !" Ravan called.

"Baiju naam hai mera." The cowherd said without even looking at him, he was busy enjoying his food.

"Jo bhi naam ho, mera ek anugrah swikaar karo." Ravan said. At that Baiju looked at him.

"Anugrah karna hai toh vinamrata purn karo." Baiju said.

"Kya tum nahi jaante Mai kaun hu !?" Ravan said offended.

"Kyu ? Tumhe nahi pata ?" Baiju asked chewing his food.

Ravan took a deep breath, it was getting late and arguing with a mere cowherd was of no use.

"Dekho, Mai Lankapati Ravan hu. Mahadev ka Aatma-Ling le ke apni nagri jaa raha hu. Aur mujhe atyant bhook lagi hai. Kya tum mujhe thoda bhojan de sakte ho ?" Ravan said.

"Kshama karna bhojan toh samaapt ho gaya." Baiju said having the last bite.

Ravan sighed in irritation, he surely wouldn't be able to eat for a good while now, and he had to walk all the way to Lanka.

"Kintu jal hai. Grahan karenge ?" Baiju asked.

"Awashya." Ravan said, if not food then water should be enough suffice him for now.

Baiju walked up to him and gave him the small pot of water, Ravan holding the Aatma-Ling in one hand, gulped it all in one go. He was really thirsty after walking for so long.

"Dhanyawaad." Ravan said and went on his way. Baiju who was none other that the revered Ganpati, smiled because the Lankapati just fell for his trap.

Ravan was not feeling hungry now for some reason, the water seemed to have calmed his hunger, thinking it to be the grace of Mahadev he thanked his aradhya.

But his satisfaction was short lived, suddenly he felt the urge of urination. Controlling it, he walked forward but after a while Ravan knew he couldn't keep it for long. He cursed himself for drinking water.

He was in a dilemma, neither can he control the urge of urination neither can he keep the Aatma-Ling down on the ground. He looked around to find someone who can help him, and saw the cowherd from earlier with his cows.

"Suno ! Kya naam tha.... Baiju ? Ha Baiju ! Meri ek sahayata kardo !" Ravan said.

"Ab kya Lankapati ? Suryast hone wala hai mujhe ghar jana hai." Baiju said.

"Aur mujhe Laghushanka Nivaran hetu jana hai, adhik samaye nahi lagega bas mere liye yeh Shivling pakadlo." Ravan said.

"Bhoomi par rakh ke chale jayiye." Baiju said, which made Ravan lose his patience even more.

"RAKH SAKTA TOH SAHAYATA NAHI MAANGTA !" He yelled.

"Kisi aur se sahayata maang le !" Baiju said.

"Arrey suno ! Mera tatparya tha ki mai Shivling bhoomi par nahi rakh sakta anyatha yeh sthapit ho jayega aur mujhe ise Lanka mei sthaapit karna hai. Kripya iss Shivling ko kuch kshano hetu pakad lo." Ravan said in an almost pleading voice.

"Kintu mujhe der ho raha hai." Baiju said.

"Kuch kshan ki baat hai balak Maan jaao na !" Ravan said.

"Thik hai. 10 tak ginunga, usse pehle aap nahi aaye toh mai chala jayunga." Baiju said.

"Uchi hai !" Ravan said handing him the Shivling and went away quickly.

Baiju smirked as he started counting, but there was no way Ravan was going to come before 10, he had drank the water equivalent of an entire lake after all. It was going to take him some time, but Baiju wasn't going to wait.

After he was done counting to 10, he gently placed the Shivling on ground and bowed to it, before hurriedly going away.

Soon Ravan came after finishing his business, and his jaw dropped seeing the Aatma-Ling on the ground.

"NAHI !" He yelled running towards it, and trying to lift it up but failed. The Shivling was established in the place, all efforts to pick it up went to vain.

This angered Ravan so much, that his aradhya Mahadev had established himself here and refused to go to Lanka. Fuming, he pushed the Shivling down in the ground that it sunk it.

Ravan stomped out of there, angry that he once again failed to bring Mahadev to Lanka.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

The place where the Aatma-Ling was established by Ganesh Ji's Baiju form, is now hailed as Baijnath, situated in Himachal Pradesh.

The Shivling is sunken inside the ground and it believed that Ravan did this out of anger.