CHAPTER 12

The marriage ceremony was put on a halt, Rambha had yet not come. It was getting late and all had started to worry. Suddenly Menka with Urvashi came running in the hall.

"Rani Rambha, apne kaksh mei nahi hai." Urvashi said.

"Humne pura Mahal dekha, woh kahi nahi hai." Menka said.

Everybody frowned, especially Amarsri who was not getting a right feeling from all this. Even Nalkuber was getting worried.

"Mai Jaa ke dekhti hu." Amarsri said.

"Mai bhi aata hu." Nalkuber said walking out the hall with her.

Since Menka and Urvashi had checked the entire palace, they decided to check outside. And while looking for her they reached Trivishtap mountain peak.

Looking around everywhere in that place, they saw few jewellery pieces lying on the ground.

"Yeh awashya Rambha ke hai." Amarsri said.

"Kahi woh kisi sankat mei toh nahi ?" Nalkuber feared.

Both of them hurriedly went towards the direction and what they found there made their jaws dropped.

They saw Rambha, lying on the ground, shivering and whimpering while hiding her face in embarrassment. Her body was filled with scars of lust, and her clothes, especially the lower part, was stained with blood.

"RAMBHA !" Both Amarsri and Nalkuber ran towards her. They tried to make her face them, but she flinched at their touch.

"Nahi ! Nahi Lankesh !" She sobbed.

"Rambha ! Rambha ! Mai hu ! Amarsri ! Aur yeh Nalkuber !" The goddess said.

Rambha looked at them both, now that they saw her face their stomachs twisted. She had a cut on her lips, her hair were dishevelled and neck had bleeding bite marks. Certainly the most dreadful thing had happened to her.

Nalkuber took Rambha in his embrace, and she broke down into tears.

"Kya yeh Lankesh ne kiya tumhare saath ?" Amarsri asked.

"M-Maine unse vinti ki.... Mujhe jaane de, mere saath d-duraachaar na kare... M-Maine unhe baar baar kaha ki mera v-vivah hone wala hai... Mai unki putravadhu tulya hu.... Kintu unhone meri ek nahi suni..." Rambha sobbed.

Amarsri fumed in anger and so did Nalkuber. She stood up and lightening and thunder was heard. She summoned the best of bows, Gandiv but before she could summon any Astra, Nalkuber stopped her.

"Theheriye Devi !" He said.

"Abhi dand dene ka samaye hai Nalkuber !" Amarsri said.

"Ravan ne meri hone wali patni ka balatkaar kiya hai. Use dand dene ka adhikaar keval mera hai." Nalkuber said.

Amarsri nodded lowering her bow, and taking back the Brahmastra.

"Mai, Kuber-putra Nalkuber, tujhe yeh shraap deta hu Dashagreev Ravan, ki bhavishya mei tune yadi kisi anya stree ke saath balpoorvak duraachaar karne ka prayas kiya toh tere mastiksh ke tukde-tukde ho jayenge !" Nalkuber cursed.

The curse uttered by Nalkuber, echoed across the cosmos. Amarsri sighed sadly, she knelt towards Rambha embracing the apsara. In the embrace of the goddess, all the physical wounds and pain of hers vanished. But those in her mind, would take time to heal, but it will leave a scar.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

There is another tale in Valmiki Ramayan where the same curse is given to Ravan by Brahmadev after he rapes Punjiksthala.

Yudhkaand has references of both Rambha's rape and molestation of Vedvati.

But if we see the severity of curses in both Rambha and Punjiksthala's cases, then it's hard to show both. It creates confusion that even after one's curse he was able to rape women. Thus I only showed Rambha's rape here.

But do know that she wasn't the only woman who fell prey to Ravan's lust.

It was due to these curses, that Ravan didn't force himself on Mata Sita, and not that he cared for 'consent'