CHAPTER 20

A grand mandap was set up on the coast of Lanka. It was decorated with gold and flowers. The royal Rakshas family were holding an anushthaan for Harihareshwari.

Ravan being a Brahmin was himself conducting all the rituals. He wanted to ensure that there were no mistakes and hence decided to do it himself and only took help of Mandodari.

Although it was her idea for Anusthaan, she was against the motive for which it was being conducted. She wanted Ravan to apologise to Harihareshwari because Rakshasas cannot afford her anger but instead he was undertaking this anushthaan for the fulfillment of his lust.

Thus even though being against it, Mandodari participated being the dedicated wife she was. And she didn't let her resentment show in the rituals. She did all the preparations with pure heart.

Even Vibhishan had tried to warn Ravan against this anushthaan but being supported by Meghnaad, Ravan payed no heed.

And hence the Anusthaan started from Brahma-muhurat itself. Ravan started by paying respect and offering prayers to Narayan and Mahadev.

He then with the help of Mandodari prepared a asaan by keeping red cloth, rice and flower on a seat in front of them.

He then did a stuti of Harihareshwari, written by great sages. He offered several fruits and flowers of every kind that was found in Lanka. He even offered all the dishes that was made by Mandodari with utmost sincerity.

And then Ravan recited all the names of Harihareshwari, and did stuti in her honour. He recited all the mantras that were about her in existence till date.

It was a long ritual and even longer was the yagya he conducted with Mandodari. And he had planned to undertake the yagya till the goddess doesn't appear in front of them.

The yagya went on continuously for days, Meghnaad and Vibhishan had gone back to palace after being tired. Only Mandodari stayed by Ravan's side, doing the yagya.

And finally on the 10th day, a bright light appeared in front of them causing them to shut their eyes closed. Adjusting to the light, they finally opened their eyes and were astonished seeing seated on the aasan was Harihareshwari, who had finally come to give them her darshan.

Truly she was just like her name Amarsri, eternally divine, why wouldn't she be ? She was born from the combined energy of Harihar themselves

Everybody present their bowed to her excellence and brilliance, except Ravan, who was looking at her up and down with a lewd mind. Truly lust topples every sense of discrimination in a person.

Before undertaking the Anusthaan Ravan had foresaken all the gold for time being, yet he couldn't foresake his wicked mind

"Aakhir aapko aana hi pada devi. Maine Anusthaan hi itna bhavya kiya tha !" Ravan said.

"Mai yaha Anushthaan ke karan nahi Mandodari ke satitva se prasann hoke aayi hu." Amarsri said and Mandodari bowed with a smile.

"Kintu aapko Anusthaan ka fal toh dena hi hoga Devi. Kyuki isse bhavya anushthan aapka aaj tak kisi ne nahi kiya !" Ravan said.

Amarsri looked at him with a raised brow. His intentions was definitely not right and she could feel it.

"Devi Devtao ko Anushthaan purn hone par uska fal dena hota hai. Mai jo bhi vardaan maangu aapko dena padega. Aap mud nahi sakti." Ravan said.

Amarsri didn't say anything, but it seemed that Ravan took her silence for her agreement.

"Mujhe aapke saath ek raatri ka sukh bhogna hai. Mujhe Sambhog chahiye." Ravan said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Man kar raha hai ki kataap maar ke yahi gaadh de-

Or even better.... *Throws Ravan at sailors*

*Sits with PopKarn* Jo karna hai karo iske saath. Aaj toh Ram ji bhi nahi rokenge 🌝