GILBERT!!!

Y/n's POV

"Thanks for coming back, Ms. l/n," Gilbert tells me as we finish up sweeping. "Gilbert, Like I've said many times since I was your babysitter. You are to call me y/n." I say sternly, making the man laugh. "Alright, alright."

We continue to laugh until the door slams open, and Becca and Izzy storm in. "Gilbert! Where did you get that candle?" Izzy demands. "We have to get the book out of here," Becca announces as she heads to the stand.

"The witches will be here anytime soon." She says and she screams. "The... the book is alive!" 

My eyes widen as I shout, "He's awake?!" Gilbert and I make our way to see that the book is looking frantically around. The eye lands on me and the pupil dilates.

"Hey, buddy. It worked." Gilbert greets the cursed object as he helps it out. "Wait, you guys know each other?" Izzy asks, a bit confused.

Gilbert ignores the question and pulls out the book, softly speaking to it in a soft voice. Once the book is free, he opens up and releases a beam of light. I shut the book and snatch it away. Once secured in my arm, I take Gilbert's ear and pull harshly. He yelps and leans toward me in hopes to relieve the pain. "Explain. Now." I order.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay! Please stop, you're hurting me!" He begs. I let go and Gilbert moves a bit away from me. "What happened?" I asked, and Izzy jumps in. "he gave us a black flamed candle!" And points an accusing finger at the man.

I hold my fingertips to my head as I shout, "Why would you do a stupid thing?! Did you know it was a black flame?!" Gilbert looks at the girls. "Look, I am so sorry I had to tick you, but... I mean, I couldn't light the candle myself."

"Gilbert, I am not asking how, I am asking why. And I want that answer right now." I let out a sharp whistle and Jinx comes up beside me, a growl leaving their lips.

"Okay, so the only reason they were evil is that they had to be. You know, they were ahead of their time, and they were misunderstood. Then, the whole world is against them. But now look, everybody loves them. Look at this stuff." He gestures to the store around him.

 "Not only that but they've also been separated from you for centuries. I thought maybe you would want to see your sisters." He smiles and a hopeful laugh leaves his lips.

My eyes bulge and I feel my stomach drop.

"Auntie, what is he talking about?" Becca asks. I turn to the girls and kneel to them. "Since we don't have time, I'll say this quickly." A sigh leaves my lips, and I explain simply. "My real name is y/n Sanderson, I am the fourth and youngest sister. I am a witch." I slowly turn my head back to Gilbert. "How about I demonstrate by turning this idiot into a toad."

I go to jump for the man, but Becca and Izzy hold me back. Knowing full well that I'm gonna destroy him.

Before any curses can leave my mouth, the door flies open.

Are any Spy X family fans here? Check out my profile! Just started my book and the first chapter is out! Chapter 2 coming in a bit!