Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I took in deep breaths as I caught up to the blonde girl in front of me. I let out a loud growl, and she screeched with fear.

I saw another girl running her way, and I growled threateningly, "She's mine!"

I sped up, finally catching her. I grabbed her shoulders, throwing her into the brick wall to my right. She scrambled to get up, but my claws stopped her.

I swiped my hand across her throat, smiling when I heard the tear of her flesh. I let out a predatory roar, swinging one clawed hand her way after the other. I felt my face shift even more into a wolf.

Into more of an Alpha...

Into more of a Monster.

I gasped, struggling in my sheets. I finally kicked them away from me, and sighed.

"It was just a dream. Thank God."

I ran my hands through my hair, and scrunched my nose with disgust when I felt the brown tendrils stick to my fingers. I turned on my bedside lamp, and looked down to my legs.

My eyes widened, and I let out a loud scream, "Oh my God! No. No, it was a dream. It can't be real. No. No, no, no, no, no..."

My body shook and I cried at what was around me.

Blood.

I was laying in a pool of blood.

And it wasn't mine.

**

I sat on my new sheets, rereading the message from the Benefactor.

I sighed, "I couldn't have killed her. There's absolutely no way."

I grabbed my remote, turning my t.v. on, and to the news channel.

I let out a sigh of relief, "Okay, good. No recent deaths-" I stopped, and my words were caught in my throat.

The girl, the one in my dream, was under the missing person's list. Except, she's not missing...

"She's dead." I breathed, "And I killed her."

I killed someone.

Willingly.

And I liked it.

**

From: The Benefactor
Your services have been nothing less of what we had expected, though there was much more carnage than we would have thought possible in such a small girl. Your reward will be kept, until requested.

I felt my stomach lurch, and I rushed from my room, into the bathroom. I let out a gag, releasing nothing but liquid. I continued to heave, and the pain in my stomach stopped all of a sudden.

I sighed, and stood, walking back to my room after running my mouth out with mouth wash.

As I walked into my room, I stopped, and fell to my butt as a tearing pain spiked through my heart.

Flashes of blonde and brown hair clouded my vision, and I blinked it away, my head throbbing.

I felt my limbs give way, and my eyes shut as I fell into oblivion.

**

I groaned, picking my sore body from off of the ground, "What the hell happened?" I asked, popping my back.

I can't remember anything.

How the hell did I end up on the floor?

I checked my phone, and saw what time it was...