Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Not yet." I told Kate.

Her face fell, "What?"

I rolled my eyes, "I won't join you, until they do something unforgivable."

I saw a mischievous glint in her eyes as she plastered a cynical smirk on her face, "Oh, honey.. That won't be long."

I let my eyebrows knit in confusion, "What does that mean?" I asked her.

She tutted, laying a hand on my arm, "You're a strong, dangerous pit bull in a house of innocent, annoying chihuahuas. Tell me, what could possibly go wrong?"

I just stared at her, and she continued without hesitation.

"You make one 'wrong' move, meaning to help people, but they treat you as if you were the one to commit the crime... But if it were Scott, would that happen?"

I thought for a moment, and my face burned with anger, "No. It wouldn't. Because Scott McCall is perfect, and does nothing wrong."

Kate looked at me sadly, "And who are you?" She asked.

My shoulders fell, "I'm Katherine McCall, the selfish bitch who does nothing for others, but everything for herself."

She shook her head, "Who are you really, Sweetie?" She cooed.

I looked her in the eyes, "I'm the McCall who does everything she can to protect the people she loves. Even if that means becoming one of the bad guys."

My eyes widened, "I'm one of the bad guys." I whispered, feeling myself closing in.

Kate shook her head, pulling me into her, "No," she said, "you're one of us."

**

I replayed my meeting with Kate in my head as Mom gathered me up, pulling me with here as we walked away from the room Scott had died in.

We walked into the hallway I was too familiar with.

The morgue.

I pulled against Mom, "Mom, please. Please, don't make me go in there."

She shook her head wiping her tears, "Trust me."

I almost rolled my eyes at her words, but let her pull me to the double doors that entered the morgue.

She opened the door, and the first thing I saw, was my brothers dead body.

I felt my breath catch in my throat, and I nearly puked at his pale form.

I let go of my mom, rushing to Scott's side. I ignored the people surrounding him, and grabbed Scott's cold hand, holding it with both of mine.

I sniffled, "Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" I cried, "If you purposefully killed my brother to help someone, I will kill all of you." I spat.

I felt someone place their hand on my arm, "It's all part of the plan, Katherine."

I looked to Stiles, "What? A plan where my brother has to die?! Why aren't you upset, Stiles? Scott's dead." I growled.

I shook his hand off, and Mrs. Yukimura reached for me, "Give me your hand." she said.

I looked around, my eyes settling in Liam, giving him a questioning look.

He seemed surprised at my trust in him, but he nodded reassuringly, "Its okay, Katherine."

I felt Stiles bristle beside me as Liam said my name. I felt a small sense of satisfaction at the jealousy radiating from him.