Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I tossed and turned in my bed, feeling a strong wave of heat coming over me. I felt my skin begin to burn, and I hissed in pain. I touched my skin, and yelped at its temperature.

I felt my skin heat up even more, and I yelled out, jumping from my bed, feeling flames lick my body.

"Scott!" I yelled, fanning my burning body.

Scott ran in, "What? What's going on?!"

I feel sweat drip from my face, "Its a vision, someone's being killed again." I wheezed.

Scott grabbed my arms, but quickly flinched away, yelping, "Ow! Katherine, you're burning up! What's happening?"

I saw images of the attractive Deputy, and my eyes widened, "They're burning him alive.. They're burning Deputy Parrish alive, Scott."

**

I walked to the bathroom, turning on the cold water, trying to cool down my body. As I slid in, lathering soap into my hair, and onto my body, I heard the door open.

I groaned, "A little privacy would be nice!" I huffed.

"Katherine, we have to go!" Scott hurried out.

I pulled the curtain aside slightly, pushing my head from the shower, a white foam of soap covering my brown hair, "Why?"

He looked up from his phone, "Parrish is alive, and definitely not roasted."

My eyes widened, and I waved him away, rinsing the soap off, "I'll be ready in five minutes." I called.

He let out a relieved sigh, leaving.

I turned the water off, jumping from the shower, and running across the hall, to my room. But I had been running to fast, and I slipped, falling onto my back, groaning in pain.

I heard Scott laugh quietly, "You okay?"

I let out a pained breath, "Yeah..." I called, "Freaking floor." I wheezed, standing up, and hurrying to get dressed.

I pulled on my clothes, leaving my hair to drip cold water into my shirt. As Scott went to take a bite of his apple, I ran past him, grabbing his arm and pulling him with me, "Lets go!"

**

As we sped on our bikes to Derek's loft, my bike sputtered, and my eyes widened, "No! No, no, no!" I cried as it slowly came to a stop.

Scott sped away, and I groaned, yanking my helmet off, and throwing it down in frustration. I checked my bike and saw that an important gear was missing.

"What the hell?" I whispered.

"Ooo, that looks bad." A woman commented.

I shook my head, "Nothing a little Ace Hardware can't fix." I turned around, and my eyes widened, "Oh my God- what now, Kate? Are you a were-jaguar and a stalker?!"

Her face darkened, and she grabbed me by the collar of my jacket, "So I heard you weren't very nice to a certain... Helper.. What a shame."

I rolled my eyes, shoving her away, "Don't grab my jacket, it's vintage." I scoffed, straightening my wrinkled collar.

She growled, "Don't make me angry, Katherine. I'm still having some trouble controlling these little... shifts." She threatened, her eyes flashing dangerously.

I rolled my eyes, picking at my nail polish, "Please, I could kick your ass and do my nails at the same time." I sighed, "Now, give me my gear."

She tensed, "I don't know what you're talking about." she stated.