Cheescake, Bottom (Text)

A/N: akito and an are the opposite of mlm wlw solidarity. mlm wlw antagonisation. aro touya (real)

-

"Thank you for the coffee, MEIKO-san. You're always so kind." Touya thanked, taking a sip of his drink. "...oh, is there something new in this?"

"Ah, Touya, your taste buds are always so keen." MEIKO smiled. "Yes, would you like to hear what it is? I'm still trying to find the perfect mix for you, hehe."

"Of course, go ahead."

Akito tuned out their conversation with a sigh, staring at the plate of cheesecake placed in front of him. Delicious, of course, but he couldn't bring himself to eat it, for some reason.

Is it okay for me to feel this way?

Yep, that's his current train of thought. Thanks, brain. He sure loved having to rethink all his morals while sitting in his adoptive mother's café with the most scrumptious cheesecake he somehow didn't have an appetite for sitting there teasingly before him. He felt like it was threatening him.

Obviously, he knows cheesecake doesn't threaten people. It still didn't stop him from getting pissed off at it, though.

"Alright, now that we all have our drinks." Touya said, and Akito suddenly remembered that yep, this conversation is about him.

"You don't have to do anythin' if you don't wanna." He murmured. "It's stupid anyway."

"Honestly, with what happened, I'd hardly consider any of your concerns stupid. Kinda strange to do that shit with a guy you barely even know." An raised an eyebrow, and Akito had the sudden urge to grab her hair and slam her face onto the table just from her tone and how she worded it alone. It took all his willpower to resist it.

Kohane, on the other hand, seemed genuinely concerned from her place beside him and facing the very girl he wished death upon, and Akito wondered how the hell An fucking Shiraishi managed to pull a girl so perfect. "We're here for you to talk to us, Shinonome-kun! Well, uhm, I can't guarantee I'll be much help, but..."

"Don't bring yourself down, Asuzawa. You're more than capable of helping- I just- it's embarrassing, alright?" Akito responded with a sigh, grabbing his spoon, and then suddenly changing his mind and setting it back down again.

"You don't want cheesecake, for once. This is definitely a top-level emergency." An hummed.

"Whatever it is, I'm here for you, Akito. We're partners." Touya's hand reached forward across the table to lock together with his, lying purposeless on the table. Akito did his best to ignore the way his cheeks heated up at the action.

"That's the problem." He mumbled in return. "I don't think I can consider me and Kamishiro-senpai's relationship platonic anymore."

"He hasn't even taken you out on a date, though. And you used to hate his guts, like, a week ago..." Touya tilted his head, and Akito was somehow able to read his confusion on his resting poker face. Of course, Touya didn't even feel romantic attraction, so stuff like this would make no sense to him. He could only think about it as a logical set of steps, like he did with many other things. "Are you sure you're not mistaken about this?"