A One, Two, Three, Four?

A/N: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM FUCKING ALIVE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!! YK THE URGE TO DIE IS GETTING STRONGER WHICH MEANS THE ANGST FICS ARE GETTING LONGER SO HERE! CONGRATULATIONS, CHAPTER 38 IS UPON YE

IM SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT I ALWAYS SAY THAT LMAO, ANYWAYS YUP YUP HAPPY READINGS WE'RE GETTING TO THE GOOD PART

if you're wondering, this fic still has a lot left to it. they have to save rui and then save tsukasa and then figure out their whole... love decahedron or whatever is going on. so. whoops

The doors to the rooftop swung open once more in this story. After all, it seemed that this was the place where it all begun, developed and ended.

Any one of the characters you're reading about right now could choose to throw themselves off of the roof and change the course of this, for seemingly no reason. And yet, you'd eat it up anyway.

'What a wonderful plot twist!' You'd say, formulating up some reason in your mind as to why that would have happened. Even if the character had nothing leading up to them doing so. Perhaps, it was the pressure of everyone else? Or their own thoughts, amplified by the situation?

All of them are plagued with ideas of wanting to disappear. It is the reason why so many of us relate to them. They all deal with these ideas in different ways. On one end, you could put Emu, and on the other, you could put Mafuyu. Ultimately, where each character falls on this hypothetical line is up to them and how they choose to treat their grievances.

Unfortunately, it is this illusion of choice that keeps our cast going. They're being mature and choosing to save themselves instead of ending it all like they want to. All of them.

It's not going to be long before someone slips up.

"Kusanagi-chan?" Mizuki called, shutting the heavy door behind her to avoid any interruptions. The green haired girl, tapping away angrily at her phone, looked up and called them over with a wave. Mizuki obliged.

"You're here."

"I am. I have... something to say."

Nene seemed surprised, for a second, but then she nodded, "I do too."

"Well, you wouldn't have called me here if you didn't," They chuckled. A night's rest between their call with Akito and the present had helped them clear their head and get back on track. That's why, they immediately agreed when Nene asked if they could come meet her before school started.

They stood there awkwardly, simply just looking at each other, unsure of who should start the conversation. Discussing the life of their most common friend wouldn't be exactly easy, especially considering they were practically on a time limit. Who knew how long they had until either Rui or Tsukasa truly went away for good?

"I wanted to—"

"I have to tell—"

They both went quiet again when they realized they had spoken at the same time. And then, Nene coughed, indicating she would participate first. Mizuki nodded.