It's Totally on Purpose

A/N: HII CHAT~ WELCOME TO THE BUILDUP TO THE AKIRUI BITE SCENE. PRESENTED BY YOURS TRULYTHIS CHAPTER IS EMBARASSING AS FUCK AND CONTAINS:

- akito's brain telling him to bring rui's hoodie to school yet being in denial about liking it

- touya calling akito his "partner" (they are queerplatonically dating and touya is aro because i say so)

- rui purposefully annoying/provoking akito for his own amusement (he is a little shit)

- akito and rui being in the sussiest position ever

ENJOY.

"Mizuki, it's time to go~"

"God?" They mumbled, sleepily, curling up against the heat wrapping around them.

"Well, if you consider my last name, maybe." The person that was undeniably Rui chuckled as they sat up, groggily rubbing their eyes in an attempt to wake up.

"Ugh..." Mizuki whined, memories of how they'd promised Rui to go to school with him today coming back. "I think I had a really weird dream..."

"Oh, right. Here." To their confusion, Rui handed them a small notebook. "Take a look. You'll believe yourself more than me, fufufu~ Mizuki-kun is so cruel in their judgement, they'd accuse me of gaslighting..."

"If I were to accuse you of gaslighting, it'd probably be for a good reason." Mizuki retorted, squinting their eyes to attempt to read the writing on the first page after just having woken up.

"Well then, you have around ten minutes to finish that and get ready. The clock is ticking~"

"Eh?! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!"

"Mizuki-chan was sleeping like a princess in my arms, it would have been a shame to disturb their beauty rest." Rui stood up while Mizuki continued their protests, doing absolutely nothing to hide his amusement at their agony. "Well~ I'll be downstairs, be fast."

"Goddamnit, Rui." Mizuki slammed the notebook shut, hearing Rui's responding laughter down the hall.

Despite everything, there was a fond smile on their face.

"RUI!"

"Akito—?" Touya said, trying to follow his partner around the school.

Two things; one, Touya had no clue when Akito and Kamishiro suddenly got on a first name basis, but he assumed it had something to do with that quote-unquote "unwilling sleepover" Akito had been grumbling about.

Two; he also had no clue why Akito was looking for him, and he felt a bit useless simply walking behind him on their search for the purple-haired boy himself.

Fortunately, Rui isn't exactly easy to miss within a crowd, and they found him in one of the hallways pretty quickly.