And Throw Everything We've Built Together Into The Flames...

A/N: god this chapter is so fucking lackluster trying to connect all the plot to get to the good part is so BORING

sorry for no chapter tho baes love u guys! ill. uhm,,, upload when the next chapter isn't fucking ass? yeah. uh, happy readings!

i'm writing a hanahaki fic so i got a little preoccupied with that. sorz. ill try to keep this shit on track

Despite being the creator behind it, Rui didn't understand his own SEKAI.

The ceiling was empty. If you could even call it a ceiling, that is. And yet, there was nowhere else for him to look at.

He's sure the emptiness represented something. The gems of different colors that seemed to slowly descend from the light above definitely represented his group members— his friends— and the giant (open-ceiling?) hourglass he seemed to have found himself in was definitely representative of his less-than-lovely relationship with time. But...

His room was always so cluttered, his life was always so messy and disorganized with things to do everywhere. So to have this place be so deserted was certainly strange.

Looking outside of the hourglass had proved impossible long ago already. It seemed that while the inside was boring, the outside reflected some sort of outer decoration he couldn't be too bothered to figure out, even if he would have liked to know. No one else would ever come here.

No one else knew how to come here, except maybe the Virtual Singers— though they were Tsukasa's. Not his. He doubts that they would care too much to bother coming in here. Not when he obviously didn't want it.

He didn't want to come back.

What was his life worth it for if he'd ruined what he had with Tsukasa, anyway? Despite knowing his attachment to him was... overdone, at best, and obsessive, at worst, he didn't... want to hurt him any more than he already had.

His defense mechanism had always circled back to destroying his relationships, even when they were going perfectly well. How... fitting.

There was nothing to do but wait, anyway. Wait until he died from hunger or thirst or exhaustion, or wait until he was saved by some miracle. Likely option, number one. He didn't particularly care for either, as long as he got to suffer.

He deserved it. More than Tsukasa ever had.

The grains of sand collected in piles around him.

"...why are you agreeing with this?!"

"Because! It's! Not! My! Problem!" Mizuki argued, though they could tell their reasoning was falling on deaf ears. Akito clearly had his mind made up about what the correct thing to do in this situation was and they wouldn't be able to change that anytime soon, though the excessive yelling through the phone was unsolicited and unwanted. "If Rui wants to go on a break from life for a while, why am I to be held responsible?"