Mirror Mirror on the Wall

A/N: who's the transest of them all?

i forgot to mention it here on watt but both akito & mizuki are trans. transmasc and transfem respectively~ akito knows because of trans solidarity yk. mizuki noticed his binder once and they came out to eachother lol

also, rui's parents do not give two shits about him. they mainly just keep him alive but he does everything else on his own

also i don't know anything about fashion so most of this is just random bullshit ok-

In the end, Rui had agreed to pay for everything, so the rest of them didn't have to worry much. However, he noticed his sister purposely holding back from buying too much stuff.

So that's what it takes to quell the clothing monster. He hummed to himself absentmindedly, helping Mizuki decide what to get for themselves.

"Otouto-ku~un... how am I meant to decide what to buy if everything looks so cute on me?" Mizuki lamented, holding the two outfits in front of themselves in the mirror to make the illusion that they were wearing them, one after the other.

"That's what I'm here for, isn't it? You don't have to keep saying it." Akito flicked their forehead, earning himself a slight 'ow' from Mizuki. "Let's see... well, it's true they both look cute on you, superficially."

"Right?"

"But... This shade of pink really doesn't go with your hair. They sort of blend together and it just looks odd. If your hair grows or you wanted to wear this without your signature ponytail, it would be sort of a pain to look at." Akito pointed to the one Mizuki had in their left hand. "It could be fixed with some adjustments, but I don't think it's very convenient."

"As for the other one, blue goes really great for you, and it looks similar to your black sailor uniform but in white and blue, so it's definitely not a style you haven't pulled off before. Blue and white are very combinable colors, as well, so you won't have trouble finding other uses for the different pieces of the fit."

"Blue and pink are practically opposites, which tends to work out well if you do it correctly, and your hair and the dress are both pastels, so there's no problems on that front." Mizuki nodded along as he talked. "You may look a bit like a walking cotton candy, though."

"I see that! But also I could sew in different colors and details to make it even cuter, right~? If I add some darker accents, it won't look like that!"

"Yes, that's what I thought, too."

"We make such a great team, otouto-kun~!" Mizuki smiled, putting down the rejected outfit. "You're not going to get anything for yourself?"

"No. In case you can't tell, I'm good at styling other people, not myself."

"Hm, but you look pretty good today?"

"Rui helped. Two sweaters and a flannel weren't appropriate for the occasion, apparently."