A Whole Lot Of Nothing!

A/N: mafuyu and tsukasa finally meet. go wild

ayayayyayaya sorry for delay, i was doing my selling project for school and then the same day i had to travel through 6 states for my gymnastics competition and i didnt have my computer, then on monday our flight got delayed two hours and i didnt want to break my schedule so i didnt upload on tuesday,,,, i apologize!!

taking this opportunity to remind yall english is not my first language and i am not a professional writer (my first fic (it was a nightmare btw) was written in 2020) so i'm sorry for bad dialogue/bad pacing/just generally bad writing!

Their first meeting was in a cute little sushi shop a few blocks away from Kamiyama.

Okay, technically not their first meeting, but their first meeting under the insane guidance of their friends. And, surprisingly, it wasn't awkward in the slightest.

Unexpectedly, Mafuyu talked, and Tsukasa listened. Sure, while the whole nurse thing was really just a coverup, but she was genuinely helpful. Their first meeting, they ate together, and then she helped him rebandage his arms. Tsukasa could do it himself, of course, but Mafuyu had offered, and it felt strangely warm to have her so gently and considerately guide him through it and make sure he was good.

Their second meeting, Mafuyu talked about medical things. Tsukasa would've been a little disgusted, horrified, even, if it was anyone else, but Mafuyu made these topics seem a lot less scary somehow.

This seemed to be consistent throughout their third, fourth, and so on meetings. Tsukasa wasn't a fan of hospitals, and he never will be, but Mafuyu talked about those things with such ease that suddenly, he was as interested as she was, or at least seemed to be.

That's right. While her smile isn't genuine, her words are.

Spending time with Mafuyu seemed to make him act the opposite of what he usually did. From his bold, loud personality he seemed to turn into an entirely different person, speaking softly, tiredly, and being inexpressive, while she wore her enigmatic smile.

And so time flew. He no longer needed the bandages, but he hated looking at his arms, so Mafuyu offered gloves and accessories of the sort. He was back in rehearsals, even if Nene and Emu still looked at him a little weird, and Rui treated him a lot more softer than usual, despite the fact that he complained. Mafuyu heard about all this, and in turn, he heard about her life, too.

Her calls with Kanade ("Oh, you know Kanade? She's almost like a little sister to me."), her busy life as a med student, the strange way she'd convinced her parents to allow their meetings, and so on. Even if they were physically separate, they had exchanged Nightcord handles, and they would be talking through text if they had the time.

Which is what brought them to today, sitting in Tsukasa's bedroom. The very bedroom he'd been with Akito only a month or two prior because for some reason he can't forget the one thing he doesn't want to remember (he can't believe he let Akito top him, or whatever the equivalent of the word was for making out). This was the first time they met anywhere that wasn't a public space, and Tsukasa was going to make use of that.