033

soobin's eyebrows furrowed at the sight of yeonjun standing in the hallway and staring into the common room with an unreadable expression.

"what're you doing?" he asked, making yeonjun look at him now. the male didn't answer. he nodded toward their youngest member as he sat on the couch, the only light in room coming from the tv playing a movie. soobin frowned in realization. kai was snuggled up in y/n's hoodie, the hood pulled all the way up and a few stuffies surrounding him with one in his arms. soobin and yeonjun looked at each other again before walking together toward the other.

"kai?"

the youngest's attention broke away from the film still playing as he now looked at the two coming to sit with him.

"are you doing alright?" soobin asked softly while yeonjun rested his hand on the male's back. kai stayed silent, but shrugged in response.

"do you need to talk or anything..? or we can just hang around if you want company. or if you wanna be alone, that's fine too." yeonjun said thoughtfully. the corner of kai's mouth tilted in thought. he looked down at the plush that was still in his arms.

"i don't know.." he said quietly. the others nodded patiently, silent for a minute before kai spoke up again.

"..i feel like," he began a bit hesitantly, "..maybe i found a part of myself that i didn't even know about because i met y/n. and now i can't even see him because-.." he stopped abruptly at the thought of saying the reason aloud. he shook his head as tears started to prick at his eyes. soobin and yeonjun exchanged worried glances again, yeonjun's hand now gently skimming against kai's upper back in circles.

"i'm really sorry things are like this.. i wish we could do more to help." yeonjun comforted. kai's lips now turned upward bittersweetly.

"that's okay. you guys help just by being here." he replied. the two nodded gladly, still a little downhearted from the situation.

the room was silent, with the exception of the movie still playing while kai wiped the few tears that managed to escape his eyes. after a couple moments, he let out a small sniffle and spoke up again.

"i think i'm gonna stay home tomorrow if that's okay. i need a mental health day."

yeonjun and soobin nodded understandingly.

"of course, take whatever time you need." soobin insisted in support. kai smiled weakly at the reply, the three staying and watching the remainder of kai's movie together.