045

y/n closed his eyes slowly as the sound of controller buttons and pokemon audio filled his ears. he and txt were in their dorm having a chill game night featuring the new pokemon game that had just come out. instead of playing, however, y/n chose to just watch and snuggle up with his boyfriend.

kai's focus was mostly on the tv as he was in the process of catching a toxel, but y/n didn't mind. he enjoyed watching, and as long as the male's arm stayed snug around him he was perfectly content.

"and then they said we need to choose to either stop seeing each other or confirm the rumors." kai said as the couple had been explaining what happened to the others.

"tsk.. that's so stupid. why should you even have to respond at all. people are so annoying." soobin muttered.

"i'm glad it didn't come to anything worse though. i wouldn't be surprised if there was a reaction from them like 'GASP gay people in MY company?! absolutely not!' because straight people suck." yeonjun added, his eyes on the other tv they'd set up. a couple of them snickered at this.

"i mean, i'm sure we'll still get that reaction from some people. but yes, i'm glad it didn't come to that." kai responded.

y/n could hear the tiredness in kai's voice, making him frown. he moved closer to the taller and slinked his arms around his waist comfortably, which now made a smile carve onto kai's lips. he looked down at y/n happily and gave his head a small kiss before returning his attention to his tv.

"you guys are sickeningly cute." beomgyu said with love and disgust mixed into his tone. y/n stuck his tongue out at the male while kai simply grinned.

"so do you know what you're gonna do?" taehyun asked. the couple exchanged weary glances and shook their heads.

"we haven't really talked about it. i think we're both still a little in shock that this has even happened." y/n replied.

"either way, we won't be 'not seeing each other' because i'm sorry it's just not happening." kai said quickly. the group stifled some laughs while y/n looked at him lovingly.

after a few minutes of silence, y/n looked around the common room at the group members. he felt a little bad for basically dragging them into all this. he sighed and tightened his hold around his boyfriend before speaking again.

"what do you guys think we should do?"

the others now looked at him, then at each other, a bit taken back.

"we think you should do what's best for both of you. and the rest of us will be right here supporting you." soobin said confidently. yeonjun nodded and pointed at their leader.

"yes, what he said."

y/n rolled his eyes at his friend with a light snicker. he looked up at his boyfriend again, making a warm fuzzy feeling fill his chest.

"i think we should do it," he stated. kai now looked at him, a little surprised. "..come out together, i mean." y/n clarified.

kai's eyes lingered on him for a moment before a big smile formed on his face.

"really?"

y/n nodded.

"..growing up, i always wished there was someone to look up to or make me feel better about being different. this'll be like.. a breakthrough for the industry. i know it'll be hard, but.." he trailed off.

kai's smile only grew at this. one of his hands left his controller to gently play with the other's hair as he gazed at him fondly.

"okay, let's do it."