039

kai laid in y/n's bed, eyes closed while he enjoyed the soft music coming from a nearby speaker. y/n's hand ran through the male's hair gently while the two relaxed in each other's embrace. kai's thoughts wandered aimlessly, amazed at how close he felt to y/n after such a short time. it had only been a week since they were told to 'keep their distance', and he hated being away from him.

"kai?.."

kai opened his eyes at the sound of the other's voice. he looked at him fondly, loving that the male was still wearing his hoodie.

"hm?" he hummed in reply. y/n sighed, his hand drifting away from the taller's hair now.

"i'm scared.."

kai frowned and sat up beside him.

"about the rumors?" he asked. y/n nodded.

"i don't want anything bad to happen for either of us."

kai nodded a bit sadly as y/n looked down. he took a deep breath and held the male's hands in his own.

"we'll figure it out together, one step at a time." he assured with a small smile now. y/n looked at him, amazed at how just a few words from him could make him feel better.

"shit, i really really like you, hyuka."

kai let out a small chuckle at the sudden words. he nodded and squeezed his hands.

"i really like you, too.. i've never really felt this strongly for someone before." he said a bit bashfully. y/n smiled.

"never?"

"not really, no. i've never really addressed my sexuality or worried about dating, but with you it's like my heart is always on a high. i love being around you so much."

y/n looked down as his face heated up. he nodded, unable to hide his smile. kai simply gazed at him, enjoying the view. after a moment, he spoke again.

"y/n?" he said softly. the male looked up to meet his eyes. "i think i wanna be your boyfriend, is that okay?" kai asked. y/n's smile quickly grew at this, nodding.

"i wanna be yours, too." he responded. kai looked at him completely smitten, eyes going from y/n's own eyes to his lips. he quickly looked away at the sound of his phone vibrating beside him. his cheeks took on a bright pink color from their interaction before he looked at his phone.

"it's soobin.." he said while sighing softly. y/n frowned.

"do you need to go?" he asked as the taller frowned.

"i don't want to, but i probably should."

y/n nodded before standing up from the bed.

"c'mon, i'll walk you out."

-
BOYFRIENDS 🫶