107. Teachers

1/1 update for October 29, 2022.

I started my day the same way I had been since Shuu and Rowan left. I meditated and focused on the bonds while feeling for anything off. Rowan's was weaker. Going to guess that's because we hadn't had sex in a while. Shuu's was strong, but he got some right before the trip.

Even if Rowan's was weaker, I could tell he was fine. No strong emotions or pain coming through. Great. I went on to Shuu's. His was anxious as usual, but healthy. Poor wolf man. I knew this separation shit would be hard on him.

I toned down the connection once I knew everything was okay. Can't have Shuu's anxiety getting me worked up. It would too, if I let it that is.

I rubbed crusted shit from my eyes and got ready for the day. I hung out with Elise and Maribel thanks to a certain wolf chick just showing up on my doorstep. Uninvited as usual.

Maribel had an entourage accompanying her closely. She looked much smaller when surrounded by her taller men. She was quiet, but participated in both music making and frisbee. Harvey brought out the flute and won Maribel over with it. Careful lady, he's taken.

I introduced fashion and underwear to the women. They loved the dress idea, but weren't sure why they needed underwear. I preached fiercely and fed them my best sale's pitch. I had them convinced by the end of it and they will try it. Thank the gods and late night infomercials for that.

Once they got bored and left, I started working on chores with Harvey and Winston. Harvey and I (mostly Harvey) had been working on perfecting soap. He pretty much had a working bar for body scrubbing and a jar of prototype conditioner for me. What a good man.

Winston was building an oven and boiling more salt. I think he was also trying to make a forge since he asked me about metal working. I warned him again about metal being maybe dangerous. He swore with a gentle smile that he would be careful. This was a serious topic, but he looked so mushy. I could trust Winston though. If he said he was being careful, he was. I introduced gloves just in case. They were more mitten-like, but we can improve them.

Hiro was an acting assistant for every role. He absorbed info like a sponge and was pretty flexible. He would've gone far if he was on earth. He'll go far here too. Just wait beast world, things are changing, one pop song and craft at a time.

After about a week or so, Harvey informed me of my calendar events. I'm so glad I gave him that job because I've already forgotten that I was keeping one. After checking it, I was hit by a surprise. The big boys' birthdays were around the corner.

Sue me. I barely had a clue because the rain hadn't been bad at all. Alright, new goal. I need to practice using Winston's new oven and see if I can make them birthday cookies or something. I should also make them new bandanas. That's what I'm going to do then.

Or... Should I try something different? I'd make them cat beds, but they are going to outgrow those damn fast... Bandanas for now. We will need a bigger stack of furs and much more cotton for me to make leopard-sized beds.

I got to work on them sooner than later and gave myself a pat on the back. Finally, something I'm not going to procrastinate on.

A part of me also felt like I had to do a bunch of shit, which is what I'd done for the last week. Why? A mix of stress from missing Shuu and Rowan and this fear that I will blow up like the cool aid man who had to crash through walls to get anywhere. I'm guessing it has something to do with that anyway.

I told the family present all about the awesome family I used to have. Even included the not-so-awesome ones. Okay, I gave my mom a bitch of a time, but she also lost her parents. We all hurt then.