𝐯. a mothers wrath

❝mother, eat me and give birth to me again,

this time I'll make you proud❞

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Alicent vividly remembers when the children were brought before her, when her children were brought before her. One without an eye and one that wouldn't wake up. She clutched a bloodied Visenya to her chest as the maester's set up an area to study Aemond's wound. The boy had repeatedly asked for Visneya through what must've been an hour of her not awakening and Alicent felt her mind slipping from her.

The child in her arms was no less hers than any of her other children. She had been there when the girl first bled and had her pleas to keep it a secret for just a little while longer as she could remember her nights where she screamed for the gods above to give her back her girlhood for just a few moons more.

Alicent had hugged the girl when she was sad, had beneath her bedside when Rhaenyra could not care for the child when she had been sick, she had watched as Aemond and Visenya began a gentle, innocent love for one another. One that she could've had with Rhaenyra once.

And now she held the child that had become hers when her once lovers children, the girls own blood, had caused her to slip in a state between life and death.

"Is there truly no one to see Visenya?" Alicent demanded of the Maesters as the rest of the court began to congregate in the great hall of Driftmark.

"I'm sorry my Queen but the other Maestors-"

"The other Maestors shall answer to their Queen and come this instant." Alicent hissed, holding Visenya closer and brushing some hair, dried with blood, off of her forehead.

Please stay alive sweet girl, Alicent thought to herself as her breathing quickened, don't leave us here.

"Mother." Alicent looked up at her son and felt even more unbearable pain. She couldn't lose them both.

"Yes, my son?"

"You were right." He bit out throughout he pain of his eye being stitched. "It's always my fault, Visenya wouldn't be... she wouldn't be..."

Alicent grasped his hand tightly and she felt his body shake with unshed tears, she swallowed hard before she answered him.

"This is not your fault, my boy." Alicent said, her voice not betraying the emotions that were wreaking havoc within her. "And Visneya will live, she must."

That silenced Aemond. He could imagine a life without his eye but not one without his betrothed. They were going to fly over all of Westeros with their newfound dragons, get married and live out their days together with as much contentment as could be possible. She couldn't be gone. She couldn't leave him.

His cousins watched the scene from the corner, huddled together in their own fear out of what they had done. Baela and Rhaena stared at Visenya's pale face with pure regret, she had only meant to stop any of this from happening and now...

Suddenly the doors burst open and the King had arrived. His eyes immediately zeroed in on his granddaughter in his wife's arms and hobbled over as fast as he could, placing a hand on her cheek before flinching away at its coldness.

"How could you allow such thing to happen?" He demanded of the Kingsgaurd, his eyes flaming with rage as he stalked over towards them. "I will have answers."

"The princes and princess were supposed to be abed my King." Ser Harrold answered, unable to forget what he saw on Prince Aemond's face.

"Who had the watch?"