𝐱𝐢𝐯. the coronation

❝over the glowing hill,

I will conquer❞

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Visenya sat at the head of the painted table, her council having expanded as the Lady Jeyne Arryn joined their cause from the Vale and Alicent and Helaena had arrived from Kings Landing but there was still no word from Black Aly in the North over Cregan Stark.

This was to be the day Aemond set out upon Vhagar for Storms End to hopefully claim the support of Borros Baratheon, however it had been heard from a spy they had planted in Dragonstone that Lucerys Velaryon was to set out on the same quest in the name of his mother.

Visenya could not help but feel a pang in her heart at her brothers name. Although they had practically disowned her as a sister, she would always feel the weight of the eldest daughter and the constance her love for her siblings was.

The council had began to slowly leave through the door, glances shooting to the silent consort as he stared into the distance. He had not spoken since Lucerys' name had been uttered in the echoey council room.

As Alicent closed the doors behind the exiting council, her eyes met her sons. A grim look graced his features and Alicent feared perhaps her son was too similar to her when it came to a grudge. She closed the door.

"This is certainly unideal." Visenya said, leaning against the table as she turned to her brooding husband. Aemond merely hummed, not meeting her eyes as his jaw clenched.

Visenya studied her husbands face as a range of emotion flickered across his face. He had always been hard to read for many since the loss of his eye and yet Visenya always knew what her lover was thinking.

"We must remember that Lucerys will not be a warrior should you cross paths." Visenya said, heedful of her husbands well deserved ill will against the second born son of Rhaenyra Targaryen. "Any blood spilled shall be an immediate call to arms."

"No blood shall be spilled on this day or any other day should my Queen not request it." Aemond said adamantly but Visenya did not miss the darkening of his features.

She moved closer to him, taking his hand in hers as she stood beside his chair. Her fingers brushed across his knuckles gently, the coolness of his rings singeing her palms.

"We will get revenge for what they've taken from you." Visenya said as Aemond finally met her eyes. He paused for a moment before resting his second hand upon hers.

"What they've taken from us, my love." He said, kissing her hand as he pushed down any thought of retribution for his eye but he knew that that bitterness would never truly die.

But Aemond was willing to force it to for his wife.

But before another word could escape their lips, a knock was heard from the chambers closed doors. Daemon had returned through the doors with the rest for the council who had only just departed and two knights of Harrenhall escorting a knight of the Kingsguard that Visenya remembered with a shocking clarity.

"Ser Erryk Cargill." She said as she turned to their newest guest.

"He was caught attempting to breach the castle walls early this morn." Daemon drawled as he addressed his daughter.

"I mean no harm, your grace." Ser Erryk said, not struggling in the knights' arms.

Aemond stood, walking to his wife's side as he studied the knight. Ser Erryk had a twin who seemed glaringly absent in the room, most likely dedicated to the usurper in Kingslanding. His eyes caught on the satchel slung over the Knights shoulder and gestured for him to be released.