𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. a blazing hearth that licks the stone

❝softly, sweetheart

you excite my whole being❞

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The war room had cleared quickly with Black Aly sent to the North to convince Cregan Stark to join their cause and ravens to the Vale to call upon Jane Arryn. It was decided that Aemond would take Vhagar to Storms End in a few days time to  Visenya stayed, hands resting on the painted table as her eyes scoured the surface.

Aemond studied his wife's slender frame, weakened by childbirth although she would not admit it. Visenya was a strong woman but biology had weakened her frame, it was hard for Aemond to forget the sight of his bloodied wife wrapped in their sheets as she brought their children into the world.

His hand gently grasped her wrist, tender fingertips trailing up and down her arm.

"My love." Aemond said, feeling his wife shake with exhaustion beneath his touch. "You must rest."

"There is work to be done." Visenya said, swallowing her weariness. "Aegon and my mother will not be defeated if I stop."

Aemond frowned, taking his wife by the hips and pulling her down onto his lap. A sound of protest slipped through Visenya's lips but still she laid her head onto her husbands chest, staring absently into space. Aemond's chin rested atop her crown of silver gold curls, humming as he held her close.

"They will not be defeated should our Queen find her rest." He said, twirling a soft, strand of hair around his finger as he felt her relax into his embrace.

Visenya felt her lids grow heavy and all of a sudden she could feel the wisp of the gentle hearted girl she had been. She knew the people in the warm room could still detect the hoarseness of her voice from her screams but she had pushed through, a gentle rasp settling easily on her tongue.

Visenya feared she would never stop shaking. Something had switched within her after that night and all she wanted was to hold her children.

All her children.

"Can you even breathe properly with my head on your chest like this?" Visenya asked quietly as Aemond ran his fingers through her hair.

"It's the only way I know how to breathe, my love." Aemond said softly and Visenya wanted cry. She was Queen, blood of the dragon and yet she was still human. She was raggedy worn, exhausted at how the past few days had unfurled. Not even being able to properly grieve her daughter and grandsire.

She wanted to hide within his arms forever, warm and safe from the horrors that tomorrow and yesterday held.

Visenya's hand rested on his cheek as he leaned into her touch. Never had either of them foreseen the thrill of their domestication, gentle kind love was not in their blood but still it prevailed for them.

"I fear I will stain you with my touch." Visenya said, her voice breaking the slightest bit but enough for Aemond to notice. "I'm only guilt and bloody horror now."

"You are a Queen." He said firmly, kissing the soft palm of her hand. "You are fire and blood, your touch is sanctified."

"I am ruined." Visenya said and Aemond felt his wife shiver. "Some women say they can still feel them for years after but all I can remember is slick blood on my skirts. Aegon-."

Aemond's breath caught as he kissed the top of her head, his own grief clung to his throat like blood in his teeth. 

"He will pay." Aemond said, holding his wife closer to him as she tilted her head to meet his gaze. "I swear to you."