𝐱. i burn for you

❝in his arms,

I slowly unfolded

like a love note read in secret❞

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Visenya watched as Kings Landing cheered as the carriage made its way to the great Sept of Baelor. She rode with the King as the rest of the wedding party had already arrived at the place of worship.

"My dear Granddaughter." Viserys said with a smile, his hands shaking as he grasped Visenya's hands. "You are to be married, after all these years. I'm just so sorry your mother could not make it."

"Grandsire, I have to request something from you." Visenya asked, leaning forward to the man who had given her a home and love and taught her all she knew. "Will you do me the pleasure of giving me away in the absence of my father."

That wasn't entirely true. She knew that Daemon, her true father, would never miss her wedding day and yet he was her father in everything but law. And law was all that mattered in the eyes of Westeros.

"Oh my darling child." Viserys said, his weak smile growing. "You have made an old man very happy."

The rest of the ride was left in comfortable silence as the King still did not have as much energy in his bones as he once did. Visenya closed her eyes for a moment as she felt the carriage turn the corner that would set them before the the great Sept of Baelor. Taking a deep breath, she felt the carriage stop.

The king exited the carriage first and the crowd cheered him as the Knights of the Kingsguard helped him down. Next came the bride that all had gathered to see. As she stepped down from the carriage in her white gown, the crowd cried with glee so loud Aemond could hear them from within the Sept.

He grinned to himself, his wife had arrived.

Viserys took her arm and guided Visenya to the doors. This was it, the moment she had waited for with baited breath since she had met Aemond.

"Are you ready, my granddaughter?" Viserys asked, she could feel his hand shake beneath hers but he seemed adamant to walk her down the aisle.

"Since birth." She said with a smile and the doors opened. The common folk who surrounded the Sept clamoured for a sight of the wedding within but all Visenya could think of was the man on the other end of the aisle.

Aemond and her only had eyes for one another's as they always did. Alicent watched as the breath left her sons body at the sight of Visenya. the Queen felt tears threaten to spill and she smiled. Sometimes, when she looked at the two she still believed in love.

Daemon watched as his daughter was guided down the aisle at his brothers arm. A part of him felt the stabbing in his heart at the fact that it could not be him, that he could not give his daughter away. Although he never would've let his daughter be married if he could, he was glad it was Aemond. From the look in the younger boys eyes it seemed he would do anything for his daughter and that's all Daemon wanted fro Visenya.

Aemond was in awe, he did not care that every great house in all of Westeros were watching his gaze after his angelic wife with a tender expression on his face. Only for her.

Once she reached his side and Viserys let go of his dearest grandchild hesitantly and hobbled over to his wife. Aemond took her soft hand in his calloused one, his fingers brushing over the ring just as he had the night before. He kissed her hand and guided her tot he Septon.

Neither said anything, speaking in a way souls like theirs only could. They understood each other like that best.

Under the eyes of the gods and before all of Westeros, they professed their love and unity. There would be no more sneaking around or hurried kisses between meals. They would truly belong to one another.