title of your story

Liams POV

"I love her so much it hurts." Steve said looking at Ryan again who was now passed out sitting against the sink.

I don't know why, but a pang of hurt and jelousy ran through me. Why would I feel jelous? Or hurt? I don't get jelous over girls. Never have, so why start now?

Steve has known Ryan longer than me, and to be quite honest I think it is a little to early to be feeling any kind of jelousness toward Ryan. She moved her like two or three weeks ago. Come on, give me a break. Whatever I just felt wasn't jelousy. It was something else that felt like jelousy. Yeah. That makes a lot of sense Liam. I think breathing in the weed fumes are making me go crazy.

"Hey, you okay man? You seemed to have lost me there." Steve asked looking up at me with worry in his eyes.

I nodded, "Yeah I'm fine." I like this guy. He was nice, and really cared about Ryan and her well being. He treated her with respect. Wow, did those words acually come out if my mouth? Well, my brain cause I didn't say them. I thought them. Ugh, shut up Liam!

"Why didn't you come with her if you loved her so much?" I asked. Any normal guy who was seriously in love with a girl would follow them, or come with them. From the sounds of it, Steve was only staying a litle while. Or maybe that was only in movies.....

Steve sighed, "Well, part of the reason was I wanted to see how she would do by herself. I guess that was a bad idea." Steve mumbled.

"What was the other reason?" I asked. "I needed to get out of her life a little. She needs to go out and meet new people, and I can see she has, and to the great Liam Coswell too. You're name is great all the way in L.A man." Steve said standing up cradling Ryan bridal style in his arms.

"Oh, that's great. I'm glad that I'm known for my good deeds all the way in California." I said sarcastically, leading him to Ryans room to set her on her bed.

"Well I'm not going to do that gang shit any more." I said. Steve turned around slowly and looked at me like I was on crack. I wasn't, so I don't know what he was starring at me like that for.

"Why? You're the great Liam Coswell. When you were put away, you were supposed to be put away for more than two years for what you did."

I raised an eyebrow at how much he knew about my trial. I knew it was on the news, but I would never expect Steve to be the kind of guy to be into the law and stuff.

"I was watching the news and saw your trial. They said you were offered a really good deal for two years in prison. You aren't really known in California. I just know you from the news." I felt a wave of relief rush through me when he said this. I know people in New York were scared of me, but if I ever needed to get away and people knew who I was.... Well that wouldn't be good. I'm surprised I could keep it away from Ryan this long. It's ironic because Ryans dad is the one that put me away and she still doesn't know what I did to he put there. I mean, Steve even knows what I was put in for.

"I don't know why people are scared of you. You're not that scary." Steve said sitting in a chair in Ryans room.

I gave a humorless chuckle, "You have no idea what I do on a regular basis. It's really my gang that's feared, and being the leader makes me feared." Steve nodded, knowing what I was talking about.

"Does she know why?" Steve asked, refering to why I was put in prison. I looked at him and shook my head, "No. Why does she need to know?"

Steves POV

Ryan has kept contact with me. She has told me all about becoming friends with Liam and his younger brother... Kenny or whatever.

The way she always talked about Liam made me think that they were more than friends. I asked her if my hunch was correct and she openly admitted that she had herself a fuck buddy. That being Liam. I asked her if she liked him like that, and she said she wasn't possitive, but she thought she had some feelings for him. It broke my heart but I knew that I couldn't give her what she wanted.

I knew that she loved me, and probably always would but she wanted to love someone who had a bad, dangerous side to them. I used to have that when I was with the gang, but when I started following the right path I started loosing that trait in me. I guess I'll always be a bad boy, but I got nothin' on Liam.

So when he asked me why he should tell her, I decided to tell him the truth, for him and for Ryan, because knwoing Ryan so well I knew she would never do it. She's to stubborn.

"No. Why does she need to know?"

Looking up from the floor I looked him straight in the eyes, "Because she likes you Liam." he looked shocked, and shook his head, "No she doesn't. She is in love with you." he said pointing to me.

"No, she's not in love with me. She does love me, and she probably always will but I can't give her what she wants. She wants a bad boy that would do anything for her. I would do anything for her, but I ain't the bad boy she wants. She likes you, she even told me she does."

Liam looked beyond shocked. It was clear that this was new information to him. "Are you sure you're not fucking me over?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"Okay Liam. Let's think about that. I don't think you're affraid to kick my ass if I screwed you over."

Liam nodded, "Thats true. Look man, I'm sorry. I never asked for her to like me."

"You like her too don't you?" I asked. Liams eyes snapped to mine. He shook his head in disbelief, "I can't believe I'm having this conversation with you."

"Just answer the question." I demanded. Liam looked at the floor and nodded once, "Yeah. I think I do."

"Well then what the fuck are you doing? Why haven't you asked her out yet?" I asked.

"Because I thought she hated my guts!" Liam shot back defensively.

"Yeah, becaue it makes so much sense that she would have sex with you." I retorted back. Liams eyes went wild. "How do you know about that?!" she shouted. I shushed him and pointed to Ryans sleeping figure.

"How the hell do you know about that?!" he whisper shouted. I rolled my eyes and pointed to Ryan again. He rolled his eyes, "Of course. Look man, I'm really sorry about that. I know you love her."

"Dude, I lost my chance with her awhile ago. I can't keep her to myself anymore. She doesn't even live in the same state as me, and if you couldn't tell, Ryans not the long distance relationship type of girl."

"Thats true. That's true." Liam agreed with a nod.

"You should go for it man."

Liam just nodded, and I'm not even sure he heard me. He seemed to be deep in thought about something.