Fairgrounds

Haven't read Gallagher Girls or The Listen Series? Please do not continue if you wish to avoid spoilers.

As always, please don't hesitate to reach out. Comments, feedback and any interaction are appreciated and loved!

Charlotte Woods POV / Timeline: Charlotte's senior year at Gallagher Academy.

A request for Charlotte and Ellie for this one! Yeah, this is literally straight out of Divergent. It's a little more heavy on Charlotte, with some good Charlotte/Zach content, a little Charlotte/Blake, and some best friend banter between Charlotte/Ellie.

Warning: Charlotte experiences a little bit of anxiety/PTSD symptoms to her crash, descriptions of metal crunching, fire, burns, being unable to breathe are in this.

Oct. 29th | Fairgrounds

They had to beat the boys this year. They just had to. If they didn't they would be just another group of girls who lost to the Blackthorne boys every year. A sad tradition. A legacy nobody could shake no matter how hard they tried.

What kind of Gallagher Girls never win at something as simple as Capture the Flag?

She could feel Ellie vibrating next to her, the excitement and adrenaline coursing through them both.

Where was it taking place this year? What kind of twist would Joe pull on them this year?

It shouldn't have been a surprise to her when he seemed to read her drifting thoughts and called from the other side of the van, "Focus Woods."

Hughes across from her mumbled, "Yeah, focus Woods. You're gonna need it."

She rolled her eyes but straightened, oh she'd focus. She'd push those smug faces of the boys sitting across from her into the dirt and-

The van came to a halt and when the door opened she grinned at the familiar voice, "You're late, Joe."

Cameron and Zachary Goode were standing in front of the doors and everyone in the van sat up a little taller.

Oh, if only they knew that they were the dorkiest people you'd ever meet.

Zach winked at her as the group all got out and they were instructed to stand in a group together this year. A group that was facing Cammie and Zach, the Headmistress and Rebecca Baxter.

Oh, god. This wasn't a twist, this was a missle coming straight for them all. She looked around at the deserted fairgrounds, rides, booths, and excitement the grounds once held long gone. Seemed a fitting place for them to fail epically against the greatest agents in espionage.

Joe spoke up, "This year, ladies and gentlemen," he looked over the group, "You're facing us. Who's your team captain?"

"I nominate Ellie," she said loudly, ignoring the nudge from Hughes to the back of her shoe.

"There's a shock," Hughes muttered.

Ellie rolled her eyes at him, "Sorry, guess she likes me more," she flipped her hair smugly and then turned to Joe, "I accept the nomination."

Joe looked around, waiting for any other nominations and then tossed the flag to her, "Second in-"

"Charlotte," she interrupted.

Joe replied dryly, "Who would have guessed."

It was silent and then Charlotte understood, pulling Ellie, "It started already! Go!"

Ellie looked shocked, the group racing away from them, "But...what are the rules? What are the zones? What-"

Charlotte shook her head, "I'm going to bet there aren't any. We need to move fast."