Chapter 41 - #Feminist Over Here!

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked Rafael after he finally gave in to my wishes and laid flat on his back beside me.

His head rested a few inches from mine and if we both just slightly turned our heads, our lips could easily touch.

"Just thought you needed a little bit of time away from the house. It's a bit...crowded."

"Yeah," I laughed, "definitely a bit crowded."

"I'm sorry about all the company, but..."

I looked at him curiously.

"I also brought you out here for my own selfish reasons too."

"You don't say," I grinned, not caring how dorky I must have looked with a smile that wide.

He returned my grin with a grin of his own before intertwining our hands that rested on the grass between our bodies.

"I don't know a lot about relationships and all that stuff but I do know that I don't want you to be confused about what you are to me."

"Well, what am I to you?"

I waited with bated breath for Rafael's answer, desperately wanting to know what he would say.

"Hmm, I just realized that I never formally asked you."

"Asked me what?"

"To be my girlfriend."

"Oh," I said, my eyes widening just a fraction.

"Yes, so I'm asking you now."

"We're in a field."

"Yeah," He chuckled, turning his head to face me.

"Mia Milani, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes I will," I said before touching my lips to his, never wanting to leave this beautiful field.

After we eventually had to come up for air I looked at him meaningfully.

"Now that I'm your girlfriend you know you have to do exactly as I say right?"

"Uh, I do?"

"Yes," I joked.

"Oh, well, what is it that you want me to do?"

"Maybe kiss me again."

"You don't drive a hard bargain," He murmured before kissing me again after I'd subtly demanded him to.

His phone suddenly rang, interrupting our moment but I urged him to take it because it was probably important.

"Hello," He said into the phone and I sat quietly, hoping I could catch what the person on the other line was saying.

"My bad. Mia was driving the car and she's some sort of a speed demon; I don't know what got into her."

I glared at his statements but didn't say anything because I had no idea what he was replying to, or who he was talking to.

"Alright, we'll be back in a few."

After he hung up the phone, I looked at him curiously, hoping he would reveal who he had been talking to before I could ask.

"That was Lucca. He was wondering why we ditched security," He smirked and I swatted him lightly on the shoulder.

"And you told him that I was the one who was driving?"

"Well you were, weren't you?"

"Yes, but you were the one who made me ditch them."

"I was, wasn't I?"